DxO Photolab Command line interface

No, I haven’t tried working with PL/DopCor via the CLI … Alex will be the one to ask …

John

Yep, all good John-M and thanks.

Cheers
Chumby

1 Like

Is there any chance there is a command line equivalent in version 5?

Hello,

@shaman @Wishgranter042 Is CLI in DopCor still actual for you?

Alex

Hi,

Could you please explain why you need it?

Alex

Imagine a busy studio. Some (unattended) automation could be welcome:

• ingest images (copy from source, make a backup…)
  • apply customising preset
  • apply metadata preset
  • create previews

Future additions

• group/stack images according to a few rules
  • auto-rating/selection according to technical criteria, e.g. eyes closed

I’d prefer such an automation creator with a GUI rather than a CLI, but for more technical applications, a CLI could be welcome (not sure about the size of potential buyers though).

1 Like

Certainly…one of the main motivations would be the ability to do the DeepPRIME processing on a different machine so I can continue to do work on my main workstation. While DxO is running DeepPRIME export to DNG, it severely cripples the performance of the machine. Having to locate images one by one, load them up in PhotoLab on another machine and set the processing to DeepPRIME is incredibly boring and repetitive. I could easily export the list of images I want to process from Lightroom and probably PhotoLab into a text file and use it to run a batch job on another machine while freeing up my main workstation.

I would hope in future to be able to farm out the jobs to even more machines (with additional licenses if necessary) and therefore be able to use DeepPRIME on a lot more images, instead of only using it as a last resort for really noisy high-ISO images.

How many images do you usually need to process?

Alex

1 Like

Often 100-200 per set. It does seem based on previous comments I am far from the only one who is interested in the command line functionality.

Hello Alex,

Could you please share that documentation?
I am experiencing the same problem than shaman, and seems like you did not resolve it in this thread.

Best,
Roland