DXO Photolab 6.0.1 error code Internal Error (Error in Init)

Jayne the only conclusion that I can come to is that there may be something wrong with your installation of PL 6.3.1. One more thing that you can try is uninstalling PL then download a fresh copy from your shop account and (re)install the fresh copy that you just downloaded. Be sure to restart your computer between the uninstall and reinstall steps. This has worked for me when I experienced oddities in a previous version of PL. Unless someone else comes along with a fix, then your only other recourse is to submit a support ticket to support.dxo.com but I am pretty sure that they will not be able to repeat the error.

Thanks, Mark, I woke this morning thinking the same thing, the uninstall/reinstall route. Will do, wish me luck! Thank you, and the others for checking this out.

Good luck, I hope it works for you. Be sure to remember to download a fresh copy. The old copy might be corrupted and would just do the same thing. Please let us know how you get on.

Just to follow-up on this. I uninstalled all, reinstalled newest clean PL6 version from website. Still could not open the picture files. However, I’ve found a workaround that’s good enough for now. I ‘open with’ plain old Windows “Photo” viewer, then can save a copy as a .tiff or .jpg file. Once that’s done I can easily open either file within the PL6 Customize tab. Weird, but functional. Thanks again for your help!

Dear Jayne,
Have you tried to open another raw file, e.g. from a Nikon or an Oly, just to see if the error also occurs with this?

best regards

guenter

You’re welcome, although I don’t feel like I was very much help. Now that you mention your workaround, you could download the free Adobe DNG converter and convert to DNG. Since your camera and lens are supported by PL 6 then it “should” open the DNG file and would still give you access to DeepPRIME, DeepPRIME XD and DxO’s lens corrections.

Here is the link to the free converter. You will have to open an account with Adobe, but don’t worry, it’s still free.

Hi Guenter, No, haven’t tried any other raw file, as I generally only use my Canon camera. I’ve a Panisonic Lumex I rarely use, but maybe I’ll test with it one of these days, and report if any issue there. This was such a random issue with the Canon, only the four pictures out of the 1444 I shot in January, none ever prior. Just going to keep an eye out for any future repeat, or increase, and deal with it then. Thanks!

Thanks, Mark, I’ll check out the converter! I already have an Adobe account, so no issue there.

1 Like

Mark, the update… downloaded/ran the DNG Converter, successful at that part of it, but the darn file will STILL not display. As before, the picture will briefly display in Customize, and then disappear. I give up, will use the low-tech workaround for now, and hope it’s just a one-off sunspot issue or something.

Thank you, and all, for the incredible level of support for this issue, much appreciated!

1 Like