Does DxO have a preference setting for Color Space?

Does DxO have a preference setting for Color Space? My understanding is it defaults to Adobe 1998.

I’m on Windows 11 Pro 64-bit & recently devoted all my RAW photo work to DxO PhotoLab 5 but have never found a setting for this.

DxO’s working colour space for PL5 is AdobeRGB.

1 Like

PL6 has introduced a new colourspace and you can select either AdobeRGB or the new DxO Wide Gamut colourspace.

1 Like

Not in PhotoLab 5. PL6 lets you choose between the classic/legacy Adobe RGB 1998 working color space (what PL5 uses) and a new DxO Wide Gamut working color space.

1 Like

I’m considering upgrading to DxO PL6. I’ve downloaded a trial to evaluate. Thanks!

I now have upgraded to DxO Photo Lab 6 Elite. My camera is set to take RAWs in Adobe RGB 1998 so this is a nice upgrade.
Doing a search, I found a color chart that compared several color spaces including DxO’s Wide Gamut colourspace. As DxO’s Wide Gamut colourspace is slightly smaller than Pro Photo Lab, mostly in blue area. Why didn’t DxO just go with Pro Photo Lab?

DxO Wide Gamut is made to include Pointer’s gamut (the dotted blob) imo.
Using a different gamut does not hurt, because the necessary calculations are the same, but only using different xy values for red, green and blue.

To clarify for you, George; When you have your camera’s color space set to “Adobe RGB” that impacts ONLY JPGs - - it has no impact on the RAW data.

In fact, I don’t think it’s a good idea at all to set one’s camera to Adobe RGB unless you have a good reason for your JPGs to be in this color space … 'cos they may not look “right” on a typical sRGB monitor.

John M

1 Like

I set mine to AdobeRGB because it affects the image I see on the rear screen. I never shoot JPEG.

I’m aware of that. Thanks, John.
My “good reason” is I do occasionally shoot jpeg in rapid succession where I can take far more smaller file size jpegs photos than with RAW without the camera buffering. RAW is far better but sometimes you need speed.

1 Like

How does that help, Joanna ? (Curious)

John

It stops the blinkies and limitations of the sRGB colour space from influencing what I see.

2 Likes