Customize which correction to apply for a module

This maybe a bit complicated to implement, but it would be nice if a certain module will have a certain correction skipped.

For example, I love the vignetting my CV35APO is introducing, so I prefer keeping it rather than correcting for it. But then I want to correct vignetting for other of my lens. Now to do so I have to create separated preset files, but it will be great if a module has its own selection of which corrections will be applied, independent from the presets.

It is doable by the user but it’s not for ‘man in the street’, I think.
DOP file contain ‘CafId’ setting, e.g. CafId = “C12345a”,. For a given lens, you can find the module ids in CAFList7 db via e.g. select cid from Module where name like ‘Sony 50mm f/1.4%’ (you might have to use lens_id, lens_name, and perhaps raw_only in the WHERE clause). Strip the module version number from the cid (like _006 , it may be always 4 characters (?)) to get the list of affected module CafId. Use this list to change any VignettingActive = true settings to VignettingActive = false in the DOP file having CafId from the list. This is easily done in AWK, Perl, Python, etc., where you can use tables indexed by strings. Beware that there is also ArtisticVignettingActive setting (FilmPack) but normally you would have it set to false.

Edit: In your case try
select * from Module where name like ‘Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 35mm F2%’;
in the CAFList7.db – for PL7.6 it returns 67 rows. Decide which bodies to use and execute for example select cid from Module where name like ‘Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 35mm F2%’ and body = ‘SonyA1’; (or whatever body you have).

1 Like

wow thanks, this is exactly what I need to know!

I am a scientist and use Python on a daily basis for numerical computation, so that’s no issue. But an easier way I found is just to use Visual Studio Code, which can batch find and replace for all files in a folder - that’s how I currently make a set of duplicates of profiles with no vignetting correction.

I will look into the files you mentioned above and make the change, thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I use Visual Studio just as a C/C++ compiler for command line utilities and didn’t look into all its goodies.