Create option folders not being saved to

I just using the creat new folder and renaming it to my name.

Ahah!!! Got it!!!

If you press the OK button before pressing Enter when you have finished typing “Output”, the text change will not be accepted and the old value will be written.

This is standard Windows and Mac behaviour for inline editing of a text field.

There are two operations:

1. Overtype the suggested “Nieuwe map” and press Enter to accept the change
  2. Press the OK button to write the proposed change.

This is not a workaround, it is standard behaviour. Let me know if that solves the problem.

1 Like

That’s not the whole story. If you type the name of the new folder and just wait for a few seconds and then press the OK button, so without pressing Enter on the keyboard, then Photolab shows the name of the newly created folder. That’s what I did with the second example by creating the folder ‘Output-2’.

It looks like some kind of ‘bug’ between Windows and Photolab. I think there’s some time needed to synchronize.

Maybe someone at DXO can investigate this

I think the difference is, for Mac, there is a separate dialog for entering the folder name, whereas, for Windows, editing the new folder name is integrated into the tree view as an inline text field, with which you seem to have found this weird timing bug.

@LexB, would you please follow the exact sequence of pressing Enter as soon as the folder name has been entered, but before pressing the OK button, just to see if that “expected” sequence does work?

If so, it means that somebody at DxO only tested to prove it works and not that somebody could break it :crazy_face:

Having nailed this down so precisely, this definitely needs a new, concise, separate bug report. Do you want to take charge of that Lex, since you seem to have defined so well?

@John7 I’m really sorry it’s taken so much effort and insistence on your part but, sometimes, even the engineer who wrote the code can’t see the wood for the trees. As it is, it’s take a small team here to get to the bottom of what works for some but not for you. You just happen to be the “idiot” who did something nobody had planned for.

If I press Enter after typing the name of the new folder and immediately press OK, then Photolab shows the name of this new folder including the whole path.

Don’t know how to make a bug report. But I think the last posts would be enough for DXO where to find the problem.

@sgospodarenko : can you take care of this maybe ‘bug’?

1 Like

I am amazed that so few “idiots” ever creat folders inside programs that give them the option to do so. Befor retiring, over 20 years now, we trained staff and public in using windows and creating a folder with in the programs they used. This was as the public had to save onto, originally floppy discs, then CD’ds and finally had to be draged onto USB memory sticks as the PC’s coudent be saved onto and they had to take saved data away with them.

• It was created and the ID is in the title but as the issue is not critical, it’s still in the queue.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks, but it is some years old!

Hello,
This issue is fixed and will be introduced in the next PL 5.x release

Thank you,
HT

thanks, John

Its nearly useless as it defaults to Documents not the folder you are saving into. The old one at least allowed a new folder creation in the folder in use even if it was erratic in actually saving there!