Change Splash Screen Image

stuck - I got that far too, but replacing the slide1-scaled.jpg was not possible for me, as it is protected in a way I don’t have muscles to grasp.

And me. In the meantime, just leave the app open :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really think DxO’s priorities would be better placed on any of a myriad of functional issues with the product just released. I see things I don’t like every day, and just get on with my day. I would not even vote for removing the splash screen, purely on principle.

6 Likes

Yes, Windows will object but it can be replaced. However, when I did that, ensuring the image I used was the same size as the original, nothing happened, PL still displayed the DxO image on the splash screen as it opened.

stuck,
Yes, I guess that even the exact size and dimension of a new image will be rejected, if certain parts of the image doesn’t match the original. Then another slide1-scaled.jpg from one of the other language folders might be chosen - they are likely identical. So, if the replacement is made in each folder - how will the reaction be?
The same I fear. It’s very likely that a backup image is hidden in an obscure location under another name - and we are only hunting the obvious. Such an extended strategy could be a response to the earlier successful image replacements explained above with previous versions of PhotoLab.
The best way to avoid the puking reflexes is probably to look away, while DxO’s PhotoLab 7 is loading!

1 Like

The same.
It only changes background of a linked web page.

It seems that DxO has blocked any further attempts to improve their artistic expression in this area. It would have been a respectful gesture to let the customer decide for him/herself.

1 Like

I think there are more important things to do than that …

5 Likes

Yes, if you follow the link given by @Required you can see how the shot was created.

You will also see that the photo in question dates from 2017 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

True, I think DxO have a lot of repair work and rethinking to do. Maybe one day the latest version of PhotoLab will not be a new disappointment.

1 Like

Wait, it wasn’t created by the deep state to make @Eigil_Skovgaard liberal?!

• Jon
6 Likes

I think the entire photo shoot is great stuff, but if it was created in 2017, it sure didn’t use any recent DxO products. I strongly suspect that Adobe splash screens are made using Adobe products. Hmmm.

That’s the amazing thing with development and keeping your legacy raw files.

You can open the ten or fifteen years old raw files and redevelop them in the latest PhotoLab!
And with that take advantage of the best ML based noise reduction, colour processing or local adjustments and be able to output even better photos of those historically produced.

Samsung hsd a history of using camrra imiges claiming they were phone ones. I think they got into trouble with thr UK advertising people over doing it at least once

That’s the amazing thing with development and keeping your legacy raw files.

You can open the ten or fifteen years old raw files and redevelop them in the latest PhotoLab!
And with that take advantage of the best ML based noise reduction, colour processing or local adjustments and be able to output even better photos of those historically produced.

Yes, and I’ve done the same thing with photos I took back in 2001. However, I don’t think that’s what happened here. The video implies that the photoshoots were done 2014-2017, and there’s nothing in the web gallery that shows the photos were re-processed after that. His BeHance gallery pretty much says the same thing. I don’t have any fight with this, except the cat that thinks this picture is “inappropriate,” but if this photo has been reprocessed using recent DxO tools, they should say so.

1 Like

Maybe to move on now – the press summer slump is over.

2 Likes

Summer is just about to begin! :new_zealand:

Egil, I would love to have your problems because then I would not have any

5 Likes

No Sigi, in a world of blind people, the one eyed man is king.

1 Like

That of course assumes that the one-eyed man is not also “blind” and clueless as well.

“There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

Mark

2 Likes