Change in Forum layout makes writing and editing incredibly difficult

Just to clarify, topic visits are not being reacted to as read on iPads but seem to be OK on my mac

Thank you! I tried safe mode and it’s the same. I will ask the Forum admin to get connected to Discourse team.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

4 Likes

This issue is really restricting our easy use of the forum!

Please either get it fixed or restore the old version :pray:

1 Like
  • It’s not possible to restore the old one otherwise all the messages in between will be lost which is not good at all.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Just adding my voice;

Yes, please get this fixed ASAP; it’s quite an unpleasant experience having to work within this tiny box !

John M

2 Likes

@John-M It hasn’t cramped my style as much as I suspect other forum users would wish :wink: (picking an emoji is a dangerous exercise, you could so easily start something you might regret :sweat:). I have managed to write some quite long posts but editing my “there versus their” typos is a bit of a nightmare, particularly for a tired old man can’t find a suitable one for that so :woozy_face:

Was it you who has posts with ‘strike-through’? Is that imported text or can you do that on the forum?

No, not me, Bryan … At least, not that I recall !! … John

I really thought I Was the only one experiencing this issue.

Hello everyone!

The issue should be fixed. Please, check and let me know the results.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

4 Likes

Here it is fixed.

George

1 Like

@George Hooray! (Please note that a simple “Hooray!” was rejected because a post must be > 10 characters - not a congratulations BHAYT for such a short post!)

2 Likes

Hi Svetlana. Yes, the box has returned too a far more reasonable size. Thank you.

The other thing I mentioned is that the “read” status of topics is not being updated correctly when reading the forums on an iPad and iPhone. In other words, the browser (Safari) is not aligning on the “last visit” line

If I read an unread thread on my MacBook Pro, watching my iPad, the blue unread count button disappears but the title remains semi-bold. Watching my iPhone, the blue unread count button stays visible but the title changes to normal weight.

In short, the read count, last visit line and title text are not being updated correctly but, between the three devices, the outcome of reading a topic on one doesn’t always update the others. This is only since the same time as the edit box size problem appeared.

2 Likes

Thank You – it works again.
(Firefox)

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation!

• Okay, got it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Pheww! You mean it’s not just me? Thanks.

It seems to be back to normal here. I haven’t noticed the other issue mentioned by @Joanna , but I haven’t tried on iPad or iPhone yet. Will try it now.

1 Like

Working fine again for me.

1 Like

I am testing it on my Android phone and everything seems back to normal. I’ll test it on my Windows 10 machine later, but based on everyone else’s responses I’m sure it will be fine. I’m glad it was fixed.

Mark

1 Like

@Joanna @sgospodarenko Yes there is definitely something weird going on with the “Read” updating on Safari. On Chrome it seems to be working properly.

1 Like

Just checked out my Windows 10 machine and editing is back to normal there as well. I use Google Chrome.

Mark

1 Like