Can't install Dxo Photolab 7 but it's BOGUS. I have win10x64...HELP

Hey all

Can’t install Dxo Photolab 7 but it’s BOGUS. I have win10x64…HELP

Did you not read the error message? You need to have Windows 10 version 20H2 or higher installed. The 20H2 update, 10.0. 19042, was released in May of 2020. You are still on an older build 10.0. 18362, which was released in March of 2019, 5 years ago. It looks like you haven’t updated your operating system in a very long time. There is nothing BOGUS going on. You really should install all the the latest updates to Windows. since 2019. That may take quite a while.

Mark

4 Likes

Also suggest you make sure your GPU has latest drivers installed - otherwise, that will be your next issue.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

The above members are correct your OS is waaaaaaay behind. Update to 22h2 or Windows 11.

1 Like

thanks - but i have no problem with lightroom or latest photoshop2024 - what’s wrong with dxo programmers that they cannot make it work with win 10 while adobe has no issues?

Why are you so reluctant to update your Windows 10 OS to a modern version of Windows 10?

1 Like

Why are dxo programmers so weak that they cannot make work what Adobe, Davinci and every single other software maker can. Dxo is literally the only program that is such a princess that it wants me to upgrade a 100% functioning operating system. Pretty sad to force the consumer to upgrade when no other s/w company needs to.

See for example Lightroom Classic system requirements (adobe.com)
So Adobe LRc 13.0+ minimum Windows version requirement since Oct 23 is “Windows 10 (version 22H2) or Windows 11 (version 21H2 or later)”, which puts your statement in a weird light.

3 Likes

He/she should consider his problem as being solved but he has rejected the solution.

3 Likes

As others here have already pointed out, if you do not understand the need to keep Windows up to date, then there is nothing anybody can do to help you.

By refusing to update your system and continuing to use to access the Internet you are running the risk of your system being compromised via known security holes in your old version of Windows that Microsoft have not patched because they stopped supporting your version of Windows several years ago.

5 Likes

Baseless and (intentionally?) false. Some actual data follows.

CaptureOne 23.16: Windows 10 64-bit (builds from 20H2 to 22H2) or Windows 11

LightRoom Classic 13.0: Windows 10 (version 22H2) or Windows 11 (version 21H2 or later)

Adone PhotoShop 25.2: Windows 10 64-bit (version 21H2) or later; LTSC versions are not supported

Affinity V2: Windows—Windows 10 May 2020 Update (2004, 20H1, build 19041)

DxO PhotoLab 7.5: Microsoft Windows 10 version 20H2 or 11 (64-bit)

5 Likes

I wonder why this poster has a reluctance to updating Windows 10 on his machine. Generally, in my experience, people who don’t allow updates are paranoid about what Microsoft is installing on their machine. It is a personal choice but there are ramifications for not updating. He can make all the negative comments he wants, but at the end of the day he is not using the appropriately updated version of Windows to support PhotoLab.

Since the cause and solution for his problem has been identified and he doesn’t seem to find it acceptable, there is nothing else we can do to help him. He’s on his own now. I don’t feel the need to waste any more time trying to convince him to do something he should have been doing for the last 5 years, keeping Windows current.

Mark

3 Likes

Someone needs a juice box and a timeout.

1 Like