Any news on when the lens/camera requests page will be back up?

I have been asking for while now (months - my last attempt was on 22nd Nov last year at which point I gave up hoping for some movement after Christmas) as to when the request page on the website will be back up.

In a particular I want to know when the Panasonic 50-200 Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 will be supported against the Panasonic G9 (they have both been available for approaching a year?). The request page was at least a way of checking any proposed dates - and of course a way to request lens support to help push for them.

There seems to be no movement on lens support for a while now - despite it being one of the biggest advertised selling points of PhotoLab. Is the push from DXO now only for capturing new business and developing a DAM?

Does anyone have any news on this or any other movement on support of lens/camera combinations?

3 Likes

Hello @JaimeAngel,

web team is working on getting back page for modules supported and user requests.
Unfortunately I canā€™t give you a date for it but Panasonic 50-200mm F2.8-4 will be calibrated soon.

Regards,
Marie

Hi, any update whether your webteam was successful getting back that page?
Miss those options - possible camera-lens combinations and lens module request.
Iā€™m looking for a module for the new Tamron 70-210 f4 VC USD with Nikon D700.

YES me too Iā€™m desperate to see again this important page :frowning:

Hello,

page with available and planned modules will be back next week, on Wednesday :slight_smile:

Suggestion form will be back a bit later, I hope late March but I canā€™t make you that promise.

About specific requests
@JaimeAngel : Panasonic 50-200mm F2.8-4 modules will be available on March 6th
@lipo2lipo : Tamron 70-210mm modules are planned, I hope for April but again I canā€™t be certain as we are dependant of Tamron on that (we asked them a loan of the lenses).

Best regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Will Sigma 500mm f4 Sport ever be on the list?
I sent a request form January 2018 and never seen it.

Hello,
any news with the Tamron 70-210mm modules?

Hello @lipo2lipo,

Iā€™m waiting to get our hands on samples from Olympus. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
Marie

From Olympus or Tamron?

Hi,
a half year almost past, so any news? The lens is quite long time on market.

Hello @lipo2lipo ,

if you go on https://www.dxo.com/dxo-photolab/supported-cameras/ (page you can reach by going to PRODUCTS/DxO PhotoLab and then click on "Supported Cameras)

You scroll down and you have a button ā€œMAKE US A SUGGESTIONā€ which will open the lesn/camera requests page.
We are working to improve the requests page but you can use it.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie

I find the new page a bit difficult for searching because I have no clue on how I can search for modules for Zeiss lenses on EOS 5 bodies, to give you an example, or fixed focus lenses without zooms etc. I usually get a lot more info than I want to see or want to navigate.

Is there some kind of logic or syntax on how to search? Alternatively, Iā€˜d be fine with a downloadable csv file that I can filter in excelā€¦

Platypus,
This is how I perform the search:
In the search box for Supported Lenses (Modules) enter the search string ā€œEOS 5D, Zeissā€ to reveal the available modules.

Regards, Joseph

2 Likes

Thanks, this worksā€¦unless I only want to see Canon lenses for Canon bodies or Fuji lenses on Fuji bodiesā€¦
The search does not seem to distinguish where ā€œCanonā€ or ā€œFujifilmā€ stands and whether it is meant to be the camera manufacturer or the lens manufacturer. Nikon/Nikkor works as the one exception to the rule.

ā€œEOS 5D + Canonā€ seems to do the trick. ā€œCanon + Canonā€ works too. ā€œNikon + Nikkorā€ does not seem to work, here you need ā€œNikon, Nikkorā€ instead. ā€œCanon, Canonā€ on the other hand also delivers other lens manufacturers.

Odd, maybe DxO could step in and help us, please?

1 Like

I did the suggestion, but you mentioned already in February that this lens is in plan. I did check also newer FX bodies from Nikon for possible combinations as D700 is quite old; but for none of them (D5, D850) is available with the above Tamron.

Hello @lipo2lipo,

I thought I could get the lens at that time but I will finally have it around next week (for sure this time :grin:) so we should release it in november or december at the latest, depending on release planning.

Regards,
Marie