Wow- Have i missed something?

Thank you for your answer, but:
I need to compare two different images, for example I correct Image nr.1 and I need to adjust the image nr.2 to the image nr.1. (and further I adjust the image nr 3,4,5…etc to the image NR.1)
I don’t need to compare the same image before and after the correction. I need to fine-tune two different images
If you shot a huge range of pictures, for example portraits or wedding photos, You always need to have set all of them on the same level of adjustments (it is not enough just to copy the correction settings, because every shot is different because of the light conditions.

This problem was also mentioned before in other forum discussions, but they are closed yet. I think this function is one of the most important ones for every photographer. Sofwares such as Lightroom, Capture One, Photoshop, etc. have this functionality and if DxO PhotoLab 2 wants to compete with them, according to my opinion this function shall be added.

2 Likes

This is already in the backlog for DXO: Viewing two separate images

2 Likes

There’s an easy workaround for this. Export the master image (the one to which you want to match), open it up in any decent simple image viewer (LilyView, Lyn or Preview on Mac for example) and put it up on monitor two.

Yes, built-in compare would be a great addition but it’s not a show stopper to doing first rate work with PhotoLab.

Add me to the list of those who’d like a comparison mode. I think there are a couple of different needs – some want side-by-side views, and sometimes I like to flip back and forth between two at 100% to see which is sharper or has less motion blur, etc.

As for an “asset management” system, I don’t think I want it. I put my photos in folders and let Windows do the management. :wink: I simply rename them with location/subject and date. Those who take more photos than I do may have more advanced needs, but I need a RAW converter that, primarily, does the best job of converting RAW files. DxO does this, and as long as they keep that focus, I can ignore other features, but I’m not asking for them either.

3 Likes