Workspace Configuration

PL6 on Windows

I can see that a user workspace can be created through the creation of pallets and the addition of tools to those pallets. It seems, though, that the resulting workspace is one long list of pallets and tools and is not split up into, what I would call tabs, but DxO seems to call them buttons. Is there any way of creating user buttons or configuring the standard buttons to both change their order and their content?

Clive

Yes … Tho, that they can be split between the LHS & RHS.

Unfortunately … no.

John M

Clive,

I’m not sure if this helps but there are a couple of options that might help you do what you want to.

I have a second monitor and place all my palettes on this second monitor, reserving the main monitor for the PL app main window and the image being worked on.

As an alternative, I’ve just experimented with moving some of these palettes to the main monitor to show that they can be positioned as desired to the right or left of the image.

The palettes I use are the “standard” PL ones, with some fully collapsed by default and some with some of the controls collapsed by default. However, there’s nothing to stop you (I believe) from creating your own custom palettes, named as you want, and adding individual controls to them as required, in the order you want. Then save this as your custom workspace and make it your default.

Hope this helps - sorry if it doesn’t.

Paul

Hi Clive,
as said, those “Buttons / Tabs” are hardcoded and you cannot change them.

What you can do …

instead of

DxO’s Advanced Workspace (part) = mirroring the Buttons / Tabs
you can create

custom workspace(s) – where I put, e.g.
TONE CURVE 2 to the left // LIGHT 2 (with custom order …) to the right

and everything else on my extended screen
Just play with it, rearrange the order in your custom palettes and always save your attempts.
Then later you can delete what you don’t like.

Thank you all for the replies. It is interesting to see how people have circumvented the limitations. I have previously used PL4 on my desktop, which has two monitors, but the driver for the question was for the laptop, which does not. And laptops have smaller screens so space is even more of a premium.

I can also see that I can use Favorites to hide tools not often used or tools that are applied automatically from DxO’s modules, but the Button order is wrong for me. I always try to tackle geometry first - get the horizon level and any keystoning sorted and try not to waste time on healing an area that will be cropped out.

Thanks again for the responses and ideas - now just need to distil them to my workflow.

Clive

1 Like