I use dxo photoLab with Film Pack and Viewpoint. After the raw development I edit some of my photos in Nik Collections (Google Version). However, I only use
- Colour Effex, - as it contains many effects that do not exist in dxo photoLab or are not easy to reproduce
- Silver Effex - as the B/W conversions are more appealing than those in the film pack
- HDR-Effex - as this function is not available in dxo photoLab
I do not use the other modules because the functions are already (almost completely) included in dxo photoLab:
- Perspective Effex - duplicates Viewpoint
- Dfine - in my opinion the result is much worse than PRIME
- Sharpening - in my opinion, Len Sharpening in dxo photoLab is superior (but output sharpening is missing in the dxo photoLab export module)
- Viveza - the colour treatment in dxo photoLab is more finely controllable since version 3 (but so far only globally applicable) than in Viveza
Wirh other words: Much of the NIK Collections is double/superfluous for users of dxo phoLab.
Therefore, I would consider it a good, customer-binding measure if dxo were to offer a special version of the NIK Collections for dxo photolab users at a reduced price, which only includes Color Effex, Silver Effex, and HDX-Efex.