Why do PL and Nik want to connect to the Internet every time I use them?

Thanks, Svetlana.

When a version has received its last update (before a new version is released) the coding should be corrected so that the program no longer checks for updates since there won’t be any.
But that does not answer why the NIK plugins or the dop.cor whatever tries to connect to the Internet every time. The first time you use the program maybe, but not after that.

@ sgospodarenko
does that mean the option of looking for update at startup is useless or you were referring to the Nik plugin?

Do not know. My install does not offer any option/screen that looks like yours. Difference between Mac and Windows I think.

that’s in “preferences” of PL, no such option in the Nik collection.

No its not useless concerning checking for updates at startup, which it will not do when checked. Than you have to do it manually. Rest see above. Film Pack und Viewpoint you can also uncheck autoupdate. But no idea if it connects like PL for license check. Use it almost not at all as a standalone.
Nik collection also seems not to connect on a regular basic like PL. (All Mac related)

1 Like

Hello,

• Yep, true. But the CafList.db will still be checked and it can’t be switched off as it’s important to update your modules if this update is released.

Regards,
Svetlana G.