Which graphics card do you use with Photolab?

Thanks for the great advice. I’ve now installed the RTX 3060 card and pleased to report that I’m seeing a significant improvement. The 10 images which previously took 3 minutes now take 50 seconds with deep prime.
Also happy to say that Topaz Photo AI is much more responsive.

2 Likes

It appears DxO has really implemented a killer feature with PL DeepPrime XD forcing many people (including myself) thinking about upgrading at least the graphics card as I see several such posts around this topic.
I would like to add one question to graphics card discussion which hasn’t been much of a topic yet. Hopefully noone gets upset (and I don’t get crucified): For (graphics cards) computing power there’s the basic rule: The more the merrier. Typically the only limit for this is what the user wants to spend.
However graphics cards are known to eat up much power too, hence they typically need an extra cable from power supply. This does not only increase the energy bill - also the waste heat has to go somewhere and the graphics cards typically increase the noise level. A negative example have been the penultimate processor generations of Intel and AMD which have shown a boost in performance but a boost in energy consumption too.
As we are in times where energy consumption should be carefully looked at: Is there any overview about graphics cards performance in comparison to energy consumption, such as “gflops per watt” or alike?

1 Like

I’m not aware of any “gflops per watt” comparison, but maybe you find something at a site like Toms Hardware. Anyway, most GPU cards slows down when not in use, at least my RTX 2060 does, and don’t use much power when idle. So, except having a power supply that can give enough power when the GPU is working hard, power and heat is not such a big issue.

Check out the spreadsheet for some real world data on GPUs

The post is in the PureRaw category, but the sheet is about PhotoLab… Note that the default presets have changed. Your data might therefore not be directly comparable.