When will Nikon Z9 be supported?

All I want is deep prime
I have Topaz Denoise and I think deep prime keeps more detail
Other than that don’t really use it for much.

1 Like

Next week. Wednesday.

How do you know it will be next week - Wednesday? Are you just hoping or have you got any intel? I bit the bullet yesterday and purchased Capture One as I have +4000 files from a Central America shoot to develop and I couldn’t wait … so now I’m getting to grips with CO Import functions … not entirely intuitive but once I’m over that hurdle the raw editor is pretty good.

If things go as planned it should be within the next week.

Mark

Well @Marie March has come and gone, may we please have the courtesy of an update?

3 Likes

Update to the last, I emailed customer support and all I got was a “the release date has been updated on the supported camera page” being as other have said 4/22… so still pretty open ended.

I heard from a rep on IG that it should be today.

2 Likes

That is very unlikely but I wouldn’t mind being wrong.

Mark

Is there a way we could get something like “better update informations” in a way were we can simply look up the status and planned dates. This stuff with pure raw 2 is really frustrating especially if on platforms like instagram the official channel tells you to simply get PR for Z9 support. @Marie

One simple solution as DxO elected to support PR before PL (presumably because PR can be used as a front-end to non-DxO applications as well, thus increasing “market penetration”) – for those who have a current valid PL5 license, allow free full (equivalent to licensed for fee) use of PR until PL5 is updated to Z9. If PR is used, is the output to PL5 adequate to support “raw” DeepPRIME, etc., or only the features pre-PRIME? @Marie

That would be an impractical licensing nightmare.

Mark

1 Like

I haven’t tried PR so please excuse my ignorance but what does PR do that PL doesn’t ?

maybe its a bit blunt answer but from marketing it looks like the only thing is more camera bodies.

it seems as if it mainly is for “non photographs”. the ads sound like, avoid dials and simply get results. Just judging from there I would assume its like a stripped down version with less adjustment possibilities.

First off, presumably Deep Prime would already have been applied, if chosen, by PureRAW. Secondly, it wouldn’t do you any good because PL5 DNG support is dependent upon RAW support. You could edit a JPG export from PR if you wanted to do that, or perhaps convert the DNG produced by PR into a TIFF using some other program.

In this case it will read the Z9 NEF, otherwise nothing. :smiley:

1 Like

And Sony A7IV :smiley:

3 Likes

I asked for further info as to simply the schedule sliding to April and was pretty bluntly told they are not giving any further details… They created this forum to aid in engagement and if seems now they go quiet on a topic that is important to so many… disappointing is an understatement.

1 Like

The release of PhotoLab 5.2 was moved to April as a result of some issues which needed to be addressed. This has been discussed in other threads. The Camera/lens database also indicates April. (see below) While I understand your frustration, what additional information did you hope to get from @Marie?

Mark

Hey Mark,

I noted the page update, but thank you for including…

I think it’s simply to narrow in the timeline, as opposed to sometime in the next 30 days… maybe… but we said that in March too… Since we were given mid March as a timeline on here there has been silence WRT Z9 support (excluding release of the full 5.2 update).

While I will own these comments as my own I feel this is what other want also.

I understand you’re trying to be pragmatic and mildly defensive of DXO, particularly if you have been involved in Beta testing etc. (as I had been in PL3), but please understand the frustration building for Z9 users. I upgraded to PL5 on advice from DXO four months ago… and I’m still using the native Nikon software…

1 Like

Actually, I am not defending DXO with regard to the delay, bit I do tend to be a pragmatist. I was just giving you a factual overview of the current status as I know it. Although I am not waiting for Z9 support. there is other hardware support in this release that I am anticipating. I also recently had to wait almost 3 months for new camera support which was not available until PL5 was released in October. However, I have an abundance of patience.

Mark

2 Likes