When the destination is a ”Project“ auto created by export from LRC, the export to “Original image folder” doesn‘t work

Hi,

When the destination is a ”Project“ auto created by export from LRC, the export to “Original image folder” doesn‘t work. The export process seems to be done but I don‘t know where the exported tff goes. Apparently It is not in the “Project”.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Enclosed two screen capture.

I would not expect to see the exported images automatically show up in the project. The project is a discrete collection of images which live <somewhere> on disk. Images only appear in the project if they are added to the project. The exported images will be in the folder the originals are in, but you would need to manually add them to the project.

The selection says it all: Original image folder.

A project is like a book about bear. We’ve got the book, but the bear is somewhere in the woods…

3 Likes

Thanks for the information.

If “The original image folder” is not a DXO PL5 project, it sounds to be a folder of Lightroom Classic. Unfortunely, it is not a Lightroom Classic image source folder either.

As I mentioned before the file is transfered from LRC to PL5.

Export options of PL5 cover “Export to Lightroom”. If I want to export the process file back to LRC original image folder, I use this option. It works flawlessly.

So where is a file in ”Project“ export to when Destination “Original image folder“ is choose?

Just read user manual and problem is solved.

Right click the original & pick ”Reveal Image folder“. The edited version is shown.

The edited file is hidden in the 1st place but it is kept in the project.