What's in the wings - Photolab 6

Sorry, linux is probably never, ever going to happen.

Mark

1 Like

Support for LUTS and soft-proofingā€¦

2 Likes

Do you know the present market share for Linux on ā€œdesktop computersā€ (including laptops). The penetration on server market is irrelevant here I think. Linux never really took of on the non-server computers at least from what I know. So there might not really be very much of a market there at all for DXO.

Hi Peter,

itā€™s possible to sort the FRā€™s by Vote count, so we have a list

and if I remember correct we have had this discussion a long time ago and no reaction by DXO staff

have fun

Guenter

1 Like

Didnā€™t know that but you canā€™t see if the request is granted by the development team and is placed in the development timeline.
That is what i would like.
A view of possible future features. :sunglasses:

Hi Peter,
during the last EA session we discussed a timeline with StevenL, but I donā€™t remember the result.
And Iā€™m not sure if the development team will make their timeline public.

Enjoy rest of the week and the easter days
:rabbit2: :egg:

2 Likes

I will, we have a guyā€™s weekend.
Beer, BBQ, having fun.
We will be home for easter 1 or 2. Sunday at 14:00 . (we need to detox before drivingā€¦:yum::sunglasses:)

I donā€™t ask for publish the CHOSEN ONEā€™s as in which reach next the program version, i ask for a indication that the staff is acknowledge a possible feature as interesting to see if itā€™s possible to fit in. This way we donā€™t have to repeat every time a feature request.

But i think your right they donā€™t want competition? To have a peak in there first draw agenda.

Enjoy your easter eat a lot of eggs and other delicous food because good food is a healer for the mind. And we have alot going on in Europe .

Peter
:beers: :egg: :pie:

1 Like

Is that a confirmed/announced timeframe for PL6 please, Mark?
Iā€™ve not seen any mention of this elsewhere.

Re wanted features; Iā€™d love to see a Panorama assembly function but I suspect thatā€™s of minority interest. Anyone else?

New versions of PhotoLab are traditionally released around the third week of October each year. Generally, it is around 3PM Paris time on the 3rd Wednesday, which this year would be October 19th, However, the actual day does sometimes vary a bit. I would not expect the release of PL6 to be any different,

Mark

1 Like

It seems like the new version is going to be released very very soon:
http://www.dxo.com/

And the shop is under maintenance, maybe they are changing all the 5s to 6s!

1 Like

ON1 -Topaz- Skylum and many moreā€¦ they all give some hint about whatā€™s coming. DxO is absolutely silent :no_mouth: We are probably only min/hours before PL6 sand even here in their forum , they will not give any hint at allā€¦:thinking:

well, you can, as Iā€™m doing just now, download the test version. Except a new clone tool I could not discover something worth to update, just a lot of promises. See here for new functions (in German, you might need to change the ā€œ/de/ā€ in the address).

Edit:

I could not discover something worth to update

OK, I take that back. There are some new features, just none worth to go back and experiment again for me. :grinning:

Edit 2: Here you can compare what your current version cannot do and version 6 maybe could do.

Iā€™m seriously underwhelmed for the 99 euro upgrade cost. Back to Capture 1 I think for me!

1 Like

I tried the DeepPrimeXD on a range of high ISO shots and can see no difference to DeepPrime. Am I missing something?

So funnyā€¦ :grin: ā€œFolder contains no imageā€ (next line would be "only JPGs :frowning: ")

This is a user forum even though DxO sometimes responds to posts here. It is not used by DxO for formal announcements.

Mark

grafik

ā†’ https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/360003943351

No Apple RAW, no PL6ā€‹:-1::man_shrugging:t2: ā†’ LRCā€‹:+1:

Apple RAW files are not true RAW files. They are a composite DNG that contains bitmap data and associated manipulations. The manipulations are proprietary to Apple.

1 Like