What is going on?

Am I the only one this is happening to? ViewPoint 3 (version 3.2) is not working on my MacBook Pro (running Monterey) and when I say “not working” I mean not working at all.

If I open it up as a stand-alone app I get an empty screen that says ViewPoint 3 but contains no controls. The menus appear but when I try to load an image nothing happens. I can exit using the menu, but that is all.

If I launch it from PhotoLab 5 I get the exact same thing. An empty dialog box with no controls. Similarly when I try to launch the Nik 4 app that contains the VP3 functionality (Perspective FX) the same thing happens. I don’t know if the Nik 4 problem is the same as the VP3 problem, but nothing I do gives me a working VP3.

I have updated PL5 to the latest version and I have uninstalled and reinstalled VP3, all to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else?

If it’s a general problem it would appear it’s a MAC release one. I’ve just tried, on Windows 10, VP from PL5 and standalone and both work fine. This is true of both VP 3.1.1, and 3.1.2 (which I was prompted to upgrade to when I launched VP standalone).

1 Like

Working fine on my M1 iMac and just upgraded to 3.1.2

So apparently it is just my system, and I wonder what could be the cause.

I am running a 2018 15" MacBook Pro, 32GB RAM, i9 chip running Monterey and I can not even get the VP3 app to run properly when I try to run it as a stand-alone app.

If this is not a general problem then I will have to try to figure out what is going on on my system. Thank you for the responses.

You can see a screen shot of my attempts here.