What are the most important improvements for v5?

Bit like this: “Victorinox EvoGrip S54” you could do anything with it but a normal toolbox is much faster in use.
i agree in don’t proceed adding stuff just to be having “new features” before fixing present problems.
But in the commercial world “new features” are needed for advertisement and product placement.
So its a utopia to have a superswift perfect tool which does it all you need without bugs and delay.

I think they are improving and perfectionering the present toolset wile adding “commercial” features for the bennefit of productplacement at the same time. Not ideal but practical.

I did beta work on Picasa for over 10 years. Two of the features I used most were file drag and drop to reorder files and comparison of adjacent files. A third feature permitted renumbering of files to retain the desired order.

1. Ability to rename files during export (this would be my no. 1 request out of all these points).
  2. Ability to manually drag and drop to reorder images in the Photo Library.
  3. Native M1 Mac cpu/gpu support.
  4. Better memory management. Currently PL4 just keeps eating up more and more memory as I use the app, until it gets to the point of being unuseable so I quit and restart it. However, quitting during an export is inconvenient and with an export of a large number of images I find the export process slows down as it progresses.
  5. Ability to map my own shortcut keys.
  6. Combine the crop and rotate tools into a single tool.
  7. Drag the image round to rotate (and a grid appears over the image as you drag to rotate) rather than adjust points on a line (ie the current rotate tool).

13- Like the red eyes auto correction, auto correction for diaphragm flares

Hello,
I take your 1,2,3 and 5 and put it on to my whishlist

thank you

For me, it is two-way sync of tags to XMP sidecars. So I can see tag edits in PL in other programs.
The more data goes into XMP the better.

1 Like

Dust removal is my number one.
Dust becomes a major annoyance when using Clear View and various local contrast tools.

Same for me a, I dream of a strong cross compatibility regarding XMP file between apps that manage XMP/IPTC fields.
Stop using author, title and keywords in a proprietary .dop file that’s too messy and dangerous ! And please give us a window to read and edit all the XMP/IPTC fields fulfilled by another external app that are ghost data inside PL4 that we do not even know until we use an external app to read/edit them.

And regarding the initial subject, I would like to see the LUT profile color feature and the RAW retro-compatibility support with old cameras. Old cameras are obsolete but raw archive files are still alive and need to be processed with new demosaicing algorithms and I.A denoising

1 Like