What are minimal GPU requironments DeepPRIME full HW acceleration?

I’d want to understand what are bare minimal GPU requirements to have full HW acceleration for DeepPRIME (DP) and in general for PL use.

I am not a big fan of rushing to the store and buying latest and greatest video card to get 30 seconds processing time in DP, i will be satisfied with ~5min processing time per image.

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/360003943351

Hello,
you can also consult this section:

There is a link to a Google spreadsheet where the performance of GPUs (and others, like CPUs, PhotoLab versions 4 and 5, and so on) are compared on test images.
This topic, and the corresponding spreadsheet are very informative.

For example, the FP32 score of the GPU is the best indicator for guessing the expected processing time.
Target at least 3 500-4 000 GFlops, i.e. Nvidia GTX 1060, GTX 1650 Super, GTX 1660, RTX 2060, RTX 3050, or AMD RX 5x00, RX 6x00.
Please note that the version of PhotoLab (4 or 5) has a big influence on the result. The update of the GPU with the latest driver is also important.

Some results for PhotoLab 4:

And for PhotoLab 5:

Please don’t forget to complete the Google spreadsheet with your own results.

Regards,

I tried with my desktop system with CPU only (i5-4460) processing and it took only 1m 25s to process 16MP Sony raw file from my camera. (With my laptop it took me 15 minutes.)

I can process 320 images overnight.

Its by far better than my expectations don’t even think i need to buy GPU exclusively for DeepPRIME.

p.s. Egypt image from your benchmark is 4m 20s to process.

PL5 DeepPrime took 14 seconds to process a 20mp DNG to Lightroom on my Windows 10 machine with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a GTX 1650 Super GPU-- barely entry level at this point. I switched to an RX 5500, which is in some ways an even lower spec’d card (and relatively cheap at the moment) and processing time was cut in half. The benchmark Egypt image took 17 seconds to export to JPG, down from 27. So the promised PL5 optimization for certain cards, even lower-end ones (but not including the GTX series) is real.

If for someone is ready to spend $250-350 on the GPU alone to have this faster processing speed for DeepPRIME its totally their choice, perhaps they process 1000 images a day.

For me CPU processing is more than enough.

If you’re happy with your CPU performance, then there’s no problem. But one wonders why you asked the question in the first place.

3 Likes

There is no such thing as “full HW acceleration”

If your GPU is “good enough” (I.e. faster than your CPU) then your GPU is used for DeepPRIME. Otherwise the CPU is used.

That’s a fairly low spec GPU these days. The faster your GPU, the faster DeepPRIME processing.

If you want “FULL acceleration” then get the fastest GPU on the market.

3 Likes