This is my first post and I have been searching through the existing forum already but can’t seem to find a good answer that helps me understand what is going on.
- Windows 10
- Dell XPS 8930 PC - RTX2060, SSD C:, Disk Drive D:\
- Synology NAS Server for archiving
- PL 4.3.0
- PL Settings:
- Save settings in sidecar file - YES
- Load settings from sidecar file automatically - YES
- Preserve metadata in XMP sidecars for RAW images - YES
My desired workflow
- I edit images on my fast SSD in PL
- Once the project is completed, I want to archive the images onto my Synology and remove them from the SSD
- All edits and tags get retained in the archive so I can go back to it later if I need to
Issue (specific example)
- Photo shoot - took 377 images
- After an initial selection I ended up with 174 picked & 203 rejected images
- I edit those, export them, all good.
- Right after I finished the job, I copied the entire directory onto the Synology via the Windows Explorer
- The original folder is at that point still on the fast SSD C: drive
- When I open those images with PL in the Synology archive location, I all goes mad:
- Total of 881 images, 435 picked, 1 untagged, 445 rejected … TOTALLY DIFFERENT NUMBERS
- REASON: There are loads of Virtual Copies, some images have even 2!!
I just can’t explain what is going on and where these Virtual Copies come from.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!