Use photolab 5 mac as external editor for apple photos

Occasionally, I take an image from the Apple Photos app through Photolab then print. This worked nicely in Photolab 4. Maybe I disallowed the access with updating to PL5… can’t remember.

In System Preferences/Privacy/Photos there is an option for Photolab 4 but not 5. This is probably the problem.

Does anyone know how to give access to PL5 after the fact? Giving Full Disk Access in mac did not help. Yes, I can do work arounds like exporting an image from Photos, but it’s much simpler to right-click the image and choose edit in PL5. When I do that now, PL5 opens but does not bring in the image.

:disappointed:

[quote=“rsilber, post:1, topic:23541”]
Occasionally, I take an image from the Apple Photos app through Photolab then print. This worked nicely in Photolab 4. Maybe I disallowed the access with updating to PL5… can’t remember.

In System Preferences/Privacy/Photos there is an option for Photolab 4 but not 5. This is probably the problem.
hello,
No problem on my side: from Appli Photo, I right click on “edit with”, a new window opens and I can choose PL5.
PL5 opens well on the chosen photo.
After having done it once, I just have to do “Cmd + return” and PL5 opens on the chosen photo.
MBP M1 from 2020 under IOS 12.0.1

Same problem for me. Anything append in Photolab 5 from right click in apple Photos…Apple Mini M1 2020 and OSX 12,1