Thinking about buying PureRaw2

Hi all, i’ve been using the pureRaw2 demo which i really liked and loved the results, but i’m not sure if this would be a good time to buy it.

I might have my dates mixed up bit i think PureRaw was released in the month of march, then I think PureRaw2 was released in April of the following year. So if the release schedule were to stay roughly the same then it might suggest an imminent release of PureRaw3 in the next 1-2 months.

The reason i’m interested in the next release of PureRaw is because I’m hoping that it will be updated to include DeepPrime XD.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Rich

P.s. DXO Team, well done for creating such a fantastic product, it literally is head and shoulders above the competition and days of worrying about high ISO values are a thing of the past :slight_smile:

Only knows when DxO will release the next version of any of their products and they don’t publish release dates in advance so we can only do what you have done and speculate based on the patterns of previous release dates. PureRAW v1 came out in April 2021 and v2 came out in March 2022 so perhaps v3 is just round the corner.

In which case, unless you have a ‘business critical’ need for PureRAW right now, it will be worth waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

When v3 is released by sure to take advantage of the 30 day trial, don’t assume that because v2 worked for you that v3 will be all you could wish for.

3 Likes

I’ve just been doing some reading and apparently DeepPrime XD isn’t supported for Fuji users. This would be a real disappointment if this was still the case in the next release. Hopefully this wont be the case as DeepPrime XD is the sole reason that i’m holding out for the next release of the PureRaw Product.

Hi Stuck, I’m in no hurry, as i dont want to spend £115 on version 2 only for it to be superseded a few weeks later.

You make a good point about just assuming the new version of PureRaw would just work, so yes i agree it’s a good idea to download the trial and see how well it performs. Like any new software there is potential for unforeseen bugs in new releases which can sometime take a few weeks to iron out the kinks

Either way, really looking forward to see the new version, and hopefully we wont have too long to wait.

RichieB

maybe recheck by the end of the year

See here:

In case you haven’t seen it, PureRAW 3 is out now. There’s a topic here:

that gives links to the release notes.