The Lightroom Plugin (Apple)

Hi,
Would anyone who is on a mac and uses Lightroom with PL be willing to send me the new Lightroom plugin that will have been downloaded with PL5 ? I don’t have Lightroom and while I could install it just to get the plug-in it is simpler to ask for a copy.

Thanks,

Simon

smk AT anvic dot net

1 Like

Out of interest: what should the plugin do without Lightroom?

Well! The plugin contains a UNIX script that accepts a list of file names and then opens PhotoLab and places the files in a new project. I use the Finder to manage my image files and have a small application that uses the UNIX script. I select a group of files and issue an open with command that sends them to my app which then passed them to PhotoLab.

The plugin is not vital as much the same can be achieved by using drag and drop into a Project but doing this adds the step of having to create a project first.

best wishes

Simon

1 Like

Having read through EULA - DxO, I cannot send you a copy of the plug-in. :man_shrugging:

You should be able to pull a copy of the plugin out of the app by right clicking on the app package. Just took a look in PhotoLab 5 and didn’t find the Lightroom plugin in there although everything else seems to be.

Hi,
Good point about the EULA, I was poised to ask DxO for a copy as it only gets downloaded if Lightroom is installed on the target machine. However, I have just started trialing version 5 and discovered that DxO have changed how version 5 works with image files that are sent to it using Mac OS “Open With” command. It places the images in either the selected project or creates a new project if none is selected. Sometimes the images are placed in two new projects which I guess is a time of arrival issue : I say this because I had similar issues with my own app. Either way its a great improvement and means it is a lot simpler to edit images in Photolab that have been selected in the Finder or some other file management tool.

I shall be upgrading for this feature alone.

best wishes

Simon

This is not new to PL5. It worked the same with PL4 and PL3. But, to automatically create projects in any version, the files need to come from more than one folder

1 Like

Well you live and learn, thanks for the correction.

S