The info popup

And I so agree with you too. As a matter of fact I now basically only work with Capture One and I will not be buying any new version of PhotoLab that does not do away with this annoying “feature”.

This did work at one point, but then again, any keystroke made it go away. That behavior appears to have changed now.

I really would like to see this gone. It’s like trying to work on a project in a tight space, say under a car hood, and papers or rags keep falling down in the way.

Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Ok, listen … I will come wash your car for three Saturdays if you can make this happen.

1 Like

Still BROKEN.

I can confirm that the “VIEW / Hide Information Overlay” toggle does NOT work.

The incredibly annoying popup relentlessly interferes with workflow. In-fact it it renders the software unusable on a 15" MacBook.

Can we have an ETA on fixing this?

DXO Mac Team:

I won’t offer to wash your car, but I will skip asking for a refund.

I decided to open a support ticket to get some sort of idea. There’s another thread where they talk about having it possibly in v3.2 / end of February. Obviously that didn’t happen. I decided to open a support ticket. I also had unrelated issues that were product defects. They seem to focus more on just closing tickets vs finding a resolution. In any event this info popup takes up 3/4 of the image on my macpro and makes the product unusable on my hardware platform/workflow. It’s been at least 6 months and combined with the lax customer support with no resolution on any of my issues, I am switching back to Lightroom and put in a formal request for a refund. It’s really too bad, as there were many parts of the applications I really liked.

I’ve decide to use Adobe Bridge to do my photo management… 2020 version just got released, It’s free and is incredibly fast in comparison to all the other options I’ve been trying.

1 Like

It really is about time someone in a senior management position within DxO took responsibility for this issue and ensured a solution for this issue is included in the next update.
Complaints about this pop-up started in Nov/Dec last year and whilst it has been fixed on Windows there appears to be literally no movement on the Mac side.
All we are told is ‘it will be in a future update’, ‘it’s in the backlog’ etc, etc … all meaningless and basically kicking it into the long grass.
I too predominantly use my MBP and PhotoLab is virtually crippled by the intrusion of this pointless info panel. It tells me nothing I don’t know already.
If DxO are having difficulty in implementing an ‘option’ to either have this ON or OFF then please just disable it in the next update until such time it can be re-introduced in a form we are happy with. I suspect the majority will rapidly turn it off making me wonder if it’s worth the time and effort.
I sincerely hope my next post is to say ‘thank you’ to DxO

1 Like

I contacted support to complain about this issue and asked for a swift resolution. This is the reply I got!

Thank you for contacting DxO Customer Support. We are happy to pass along your suggestion/feedback to the most appropriate person with the closure of this ticket.

Hi everyone,
I’m sorry about the issues you’re experiencing with PhotoLab. Recently, as some of you may already know, we added an option to hide the ‘info panel’ on the Windows version. I know that this request dates back a few months from now, but it will soon be addressed for you too. It’s not marketing mumbo-jumbo: soon you’ll finally have the option to hide it on Mac too.
Thanks for your patience.

Steven.

2 Likes

Thank you for this reply and reassurance StevenL. We are eagerly awaiting the solution.

Hello dxouser123,

Thank you for your patience as I waited to hear back from our developers. According to them, there is unfortunately no way to turn off these tool tips at this time. They are looking into possibly having a way to turn these off in a future version, but there is unfortunately no guarantee as to if/when it will be implemented, and no time frame if it is. Unfortunately, there is no further information at this time to give you, so I would like to close this ticket as I have relayed everything I was told from the Mac development team at this time. Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for contacting DxO Customer Support.

regards,

Riley - DxO Labs Support Team 2

after at least 6 months, you can no longer use the word “soon”.

Thank you very much Steven that’s very much appreciated and just what I’ve been waiting to hear.
Looks like we’ll be able to get back to editing our beautiful images very soon … :+1:

This is how DxO customer support operates. It’s the same with a number of other software companies I’ve done business with. Their role is to answer questions and gather information to help the developer teams work on problems or consider feature requests. They do not keep customers up-to-date on problems once development has the info they need. I’ve come to understand that and accept it. I only wish they were more consistent in communicating that politely and promptly. Maybe that’s improving. Anyway, the good news is that DxO staff and customers participate in these forums together, so we’re not limited to tech support avenues!

1 Like

@RexBlock
I guess you can come over this weekend and wash my car :smiley: !!!
3.3.2 is out!

He even offered 3 times - you are a lucky guy.

1 Like

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Finally my car will look like brand new again!

1 Like

Great news, thanks StevenL and DxO team!

1 Like

Download 3.3.2 > Install > Relaunch > Hide Info Panel > HAPPY DAYS!!
Thank you … my only problem now is there is nothing to complain about :wink:

1 Like

Yeeessss!!!

The only thing I would say is that the French menu item is almost exactly the same wording as the other shot/hide image information - could be confusing for some?

Perhaps “Afficher/Masquer les informations sur les vignettes” to distinguish it better ?

1 Like