Tamron 45mm 1,8 Chromatic Abberations

Good Morning,

Although I use the profile of the TAMRON 45mm 1.8, I am somewhat disappointed with the ability to eliminating chromatic aberrations. Adobe CAMERA Raw delivers much better results here, even directly on JPG’s… Is it possible to set the removal of the abberations more aggressively for this lens at wide open aperture?

Thanks and greetings
Christian

I have this lens, Canon EF mount, and I find that DXO does a good job of removing CA. But, that is just my opinion. Here is a shot at f1.8 with and without CA correction in PL6. Maybe your expectations are different from mine. I have no idea if CA can result from any sort of lens misalignment or not.

Maybe if you could share an example like I have for us to better understand your case.

Did you zoom in more than 75%? The optical corrections in Photolab are (unfortunately) only applied at higher zoom levels.

If that is not the case, maybe you can show some example and also send it to the dxo support? It has happened before that some lens has not been properly calibrated.

Test_Tamron_45_0866_220107_155426_200_45_1,8.CR2 (20,3 MB)

You will see the Abberations in the upper and lower area of the image… In areas with high contrast green and purple

In Adobe Camera RAW it is nearly completely possible to eliminate the fringing, in dxo unfortunately only to some minor degree

Best Christian

Hi Christian,
I’ve seen the problem. You have to send this to DxO support.

Hi Wolfgang,

Ok… But how can I address this problem to dxo support?

Thanks Christian

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

note – DxO might still be on holidays

No, not globally but by identification of the fringe color (with some extension) and then apply settings.
I think they can pick a color manually and then also apply this on the complement fringe color

My impression was that chromatic Abberations are somehow optical defects and therefore must be corrected in the lens profile.

An additional step to manual correct the rest like the ACR tool will be perfect

Best Christian

Nevertheless the lens is very good, tack sharp with fantastic color rendering… But the chromatic Abberations are the drawback

That’s the result in the latest ACR releases… older ones are not that good

And it’s very fast to achieve these results

I received an new Computer in fall and used the Chance to eliminate ALL Adobe Creative Tools… Sorry, I cannot provide the ACR Screenshots

By the way: Adobe tools not required anymore are the very best ones

Ok, if this provides the best result as easy as possible let’s go this way…

In ACR I can use it also with jpgs, so no Camera profile is required.

It’s more an repair tool, but if it works in the lens profile the could be easier to handle