Supported GPUs

I have been using DeepPRIME XD quite successfully with my NVidia GTX 1050ti on my Windows 10 machine. I’m not at home right now so I can’t tell you the driver version.

Mark

Win10, 21H2 // NVidia GTX 1060 6GB

If so, which generation and which driver version?

grafik

always check for the studio driver

That doesn’t really list the driver version (NVIDIA version number, like 512.15).

But that are two working reports for the Pascal generation. Might fire up my desktop machine with a GTX 1060 to see if that’s any better.

I’m still expecting artifacts with Turing / Ampere chips, unless I see some evidence against it :slight_smile:.

Hi jorismark,
sorry, I didn’t remember the NVidia driver version – I think, it’s still 472.47 (studio driver)
New to DxO PL5. Crashes on export - #8 by Wolfgang

The GTX 1060 is a bit outdated. It is (was) one of those graphic adapters, that don’t get too hot. Even the fans seem to shut down when in idle mode.
There Which Video Card? - #30 by Wolfgang I listed some newer models & specs.

A faster one is something like a RTX 3070.
But they are exorbitant expensive, produce more heat, need a strong power supply and in my case also a new motherboard w/ PCIe 4.0 – so not for me.

I have a 35watt rtx 3050ti laptop chip , that in games at least seems to match my older desktop gtx1060. Shows the gains that have been made at the lower end :).

Ting why i ask i PL6 deep prime XD generates artifacts for me on the 3050ti while the normal deep prime seems to work fine like it always has in PL5.4.
Deep prime XD works fine on the same laptop when set to cpu only mode. But… Even the monster laptop cpu i have takes just under 2 minutes for a file :frowning:

a pic from my Nikon D750 (12.800 ISO, 30,3 MB) takes 35 sec with DeepPrimeXD,
and a pic from somebody else’ ILCE-1 (200 ISO, 54,8 MB) 1 min 05 sec

… but I’m not on a run

New NVIDIA Studio Driver today, which lists DXO Photo in the release notes as new supported application.

My DeepPrimeXD artefacts in GPU mode seem to be gone now - only quick testing so far. But before I didn’t manage a single export without weird artefacts, and the first image I try now is clean.

Windows 11 laptop with RTX 3050ti 4gb, 35watt model (the lowest wattage model) (beefy Intel 12th gen CPU though).
24mp image exported in 12 seconds with DeepPrimeXD, 4 seconds with DeepPrime.

now with the recent NVidia studio driver 522.30 for my GTX 1060 6GB

• one of these noisy D750 pics (30 MB) + DeepPrime XD → 23 sec
  • the one from ILCE-1 (54 MB) → 46 sec

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wolfgang,

I just downloaded the latest Nvidia driver for my GTX 1050ti. I was shocked to see that my average processing time for DeepPRIME XD fell from around 50 seconds to around 35 seconds. That around a 30% improvement. The speed of processing with DeepPRIME went from around 21 seconds to 15 seconds, also a 30% improvement. That seems too good to be true, but your results after downloading you latest driver seem to indicate a similar 30% improvement when processing those two files with DPXD. This is very exciting, but how is it possible that we both are seeing such a huge processing improvement? I wonder if the new drivers for other Nvidia cards are also having a similar effect.

Mark

Has improving the treatment speed has been found on PL6 and/or PL5 ?
For me, no change with a GTX1660s on PL5.

Hi Frank,
for me it was with PL6 and DeepPrimeXD.

Hi Mark,
it was @jorismak who found out about the new driver and details after coming up with questions … Otherwise I wouldn’t have checked the driver then in use and the developing times for DP XD … :slight_smile:
Wolfgang

(had always OpenCL enabled, the same like in PL5 – no idea if the former driver didn’t make use of it)

For the past year or so (beginning with driver version 5.11), NVIDIA has been working to implement a vastly-improved OpenCL/CLANG compiler internal to the drivers. This was an end-user opt-in post-install configuration choice for “power users” until the most recent release of the driver packages.

There is some (minor) information available on this in the NVIDIA Driver release notes, section 2.5.3.

The new internal compilers also improve/speeds up CUDA operations.

On other apps (Davinci Resolve Studio) I have seen a 25-40% improvement in GPU-specific rendering and video stream manipulation work.

Beginning this week with the release of driver pack 5.22.30, the use of the new compiler became standard for Windows and Linux users. There is no indication when/if the improved driver sets will be available for Mac.

2 Likes

It’s therefore independent of PL, we should have an improvement in treatment time on all versions that use the GPU.

That’s a good question. I am not home right now but will test this later today to see whether I get the same export improvement for DeepPRIME in PL 5 as I’m now getting in PL 6 after updating the Nvidia driver. I’m on Windows 10.

Mark

I use a slightly undervolted/overclocked RTX3070 with a Windows 10 machine, with the latest 522.25 game drivers.

No problems at all, and same performance as before: on average, 6-7 seconds per export with DeepPrime XD (Nikon Z6 NEFs)

My point about the new drivers is not that there are faster… But that they fixed the nasty corruption and artefacts that DeepPrimeXD was giving. So it turned PL6 from a disaster into something actually nice to toy with.

I think it’s just as fast before on my win11 rtx3050ti.

After checking NVidia Studio had not installed the latest version as I thought.
So now that it’s done I have a gain of 20% (24sec → 19sec) on export with PL5 + DeepPrime.

3 Likes

As I said I would, I just tested again with PhotoLab 5 and the results I got were similar to the results I got with PL 6. although they were a second or two slower in PL 5. I suspect that DxO may have tweaked DeepPRIME processing in PL 6 just a bit.

Mark

There is something wrong at my side. I have run DeepPRIME Processing Time test from this forum (Egypt/D850/R6/90D images) on my PC (R7 5700X/GTX 1660S) with PL5.5/W11 and I’ve got no change in result time with 522.25 GRD or 522.30 SD drivers :sleepy: