Supported GPUs

Hi,
as the processing speed of DeepPrime XD is even slower than DeepPrime (which I technically understand), I’m thinking of a replacement for my laptop computer.

Today I’m facing the issue that my Intel UHD 620 GPU is only partly supported and therefore not used for DeepPrime acceleration (marked with a “*”).

Could you please provide a list of supported GPUs to buy the “right” GPU with the new computer? The system prerequisites only name two GPUs “or better” (NVIDIA RTX2060 or AMD Radeon RX6600), but it is quite diffcult to find a suitable GPU for Laptops.

Thanks, Joerg

1 Like

Try your luck with the google spreadsheet posted in here:

1 Like

Hi,
maybe you can dive into informations of the two following links to get some overview
The second one you can filter for notebooks only

Best regards

Guenter

1 Like

Thanks, the spreadsheet is very interesting … I’m far away from the mentioned processing times (checked with the “egypt” photo). Seems that my laptop (or at least it’s GPU) is quite outdated for this kind of jobs.

unfortunately I could not find any information on the NVIDIA A1000 / A2000 / T550 GPUs (which are often used in mobile workstations) in the spreadsheet. Maybe I’ll contact DXO support

You’d have to check but I think you’re better off with 3070 or 3080 GPUs.

In my experience DeepPRIME and DeepPRIME XD performance is directly correlated with the number of tensor cores in the GPU.

I’m running the first Gen 3070RTX GPU in my windows laptop and DeepPRIME performance is about 8 seconds for 50MP images and 20 seconds for DeepPRIME XD and I’m happy with the performance.

Thanks, I now realized that I need to search for “Gaming Laptops” instead of “Mobile Workstations”. The gamer versions have the real powerful GPUs (which sounds rasonable …) :grinning:

Yes that’s correct.
I have an Asus Zephyrus G15 gaming laptop.
It’s VERY fast. The market is much bigger for them so the R&D is bigger and the prices are cheaper.

Just be careful and check reviews of screens. And expect you’ll need an i1Display pro type of screen calibrator if you want to do any kind of color accurate work.

Thanks for the hints.

That doesn’t sound too far of from my 35w rtx 3050ti in a laptop.

I think after a certain amount of memory / gpu power you will see very little increase in processing time per image.

I don’t believe GPU memory usage is much of a factor as long as you have 2GB or more. I have 8 and never see substantial memory usage. I said tensor cores but I really can’t say whether it’s tensor cores or CUDA cores.

I’m sure generation by generation there are substantial improvements as well.

Tensor cores are a Nvidia thing , and only since the rtx2000 series.

My gtx1060 without any tensor cores works fine on deep prime :).

Cuda cores are calculations , tensor cores are ai acceleration.

If DxO would ever benefit from ai acceleration it would be a nice thing to implement it. Most Intel CPU cores have hardware for it for the last generations , heir arc gpus have ai acceleration cores (xmx engines ) , apple m1/m2 chips have ai acceleration hardware…
I just don’t know about amd gpus , i just don’t know then (i now realize )

Is there anyone else that can actually USE deepprimeXD with a nvidia GPU (windows).

If so, which generation and which driver version?

So far, I only have seen ‘works for me’ from Mac users or AMD users.

I have been using DeepPRIME XD quite successfully with my NVidia GTX 1050ti on my Windows 10 machine. I’m not at home right now so I can’t tell you the driver version.

Mark

Win10, 21H2 // NVidia GTX 1060 6GB

If so, which generation and which driver version?

grafik

always check for the studio driver

That doesn’t really list the driver version (NVIDIA version number, like 512.15).

But that are two working reports for the Pascal generation. Might fire up my desktop machine with a GTX 1060 to see if that’s any better.

I’m still expecting artifacts with Turing / Ampere chips, unless I see some evidence against it :slight_smile:.

Hi jorismark,
sorry, I didn’t remember the NVidia driver version – I think, it’s still 472.47 (studio driver)
New to DxO PL5. Crashes on export - #8 by Wolfgang

The GTX 1060 is a bit outdated. It is (was) one of those graphic adapters, that don’t get too hot. Even the fans seem to shut down when in idle mode.
There Which Video Card? - #30 by Wolfgang I listed some newer models & specs.

A faster one is something like a RTX 3070.
But they are exorbitant expensive, produce more heat, need a strong power supply and in my case also a new motherboard w/ PCIe 4.0 – so not for me.

I have a 35watt rtx 3050ti laptop chip , that in games at least seems to match my older desktop gtx1060. Shows the gains that have been made at the lower end :).

Ting why i ask i PL6 deep prime XD generates artifacts for me on the 3050ti while the normal deep prime seems to work fine like it always has in PL5.4.
Deep prime XD works fine on the same laptop when set to cpu only mode. But… Even the monster laptop cpu i have takes just under 2 minutes for a file :frowning:

a pic from my Nikon D750 (12.800 ISO, 30,3 MB) takes 35 sec with DeepPrimeXD,
and a pic from somebody else’ ILCE-1 (200 ISO, 54,8 MB) 1 min 05 sec

… but I’m not on a run

New NVIDIA Studio Driver today, which lists DXO Photo in the release notes as new supported application.

My DeepPrimeXD artefacts in GPU mode seem to be gone now - only quick testing so far. But before I didn’t manage a single export without weird artefacts, and the first image I try now is clean.

Windows 11 laptop with RTX 3050ti 4gb, 35watt model (the lowest wattage model) (beefy Intel 12th gen CPU though).
24mp image exported in 12 seconds with DeepPrimeXD, 4 seconds with DeepPrime.