Support of Nikon 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens

Will an optical correction module be available for the Nikon 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens? If yes, what is the planned timeline?

Thank you,
H.Noguchi

(Platypus) #2

Check this page out: https://www.dxo.com/dxo-photolab/supported-cameras/

Thanks for the link; I have been checking it out periodically, with two lens in mind; Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 Art and Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF. I saw that Sigma will be supported this month (waiting eagerly :-), but didn’t find an entry for 500mm, so I decided to ask.

(Lars Tjusberg) #4

Im also waiting for the Nikon lens to become available. Please DXO team put som effort in to this, The Nikon D500 and D850 with the Nikon 500mm f/5,6 PF will be my main kit for wildlife.

Thanks in advance
Lars

1 Like

Hi, any plan to support the optical correction module for this lens?

Thanks,
H.Noguchi

(Donald Mackie) #6

I think what would be equally as helpful as showing a chart of which combo/lens’s are supported would also be a chart of which next (say 10) combo’s are on the horizon.

1 Like
(Marie) #7

Hello,

we will have a loan of the Nikon 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens and so be able to add its support in PhotoLab this summer, probably in august.

regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Yay!! This is great news, I am looking forward to its availability. Thank you!!

(Marie) #10

Hello,

this lens and its combination with AF-S TC-14E III and AF-S TC-20E III is currently in our Lab to do lens correction profile.
We will put them online in September.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hi Marie, I just downloaded the optical module for 500mm PF lens, and the result is amazing! Thank you and the whole DxO team!!

2 Likes

I can’t see the 500mm f5.6 PF download in Photolab 2 Mac , its there for windows but I can’t see it for Mac

(Patrick) #13

Hi @leo,

I’m on Mac too, and while I’m not interested in, I can see the lens module in PhotoLab v2 for Nikon D810 for instance:

Thank you for checking yours Pathal, I’ve just checked mine again but still no luck

(Patrick) #15

@leo,

if you continue to go down in the list, you should see this:

is it not the lens you’re looking at?

On my list it goes from 400mm f2.8 ,500mm f4 , 600mm f4 etc but no 500mm f5.6 PF , if I scroll down further it goes to Sigma , Tamron etc

I’ve just updated , its now working :slight_smile: Thanks again Pathal for your help

(Patrick) #18

Quite strange, as in DxO site for supported cameras, I’ve found this:

When you have an image with this lens in the filmstrip, don’t you have a green icon representing a camera on which you can clic to get the module needed?

1 Like
(Patrick) #19

Ok, happy to help.