Support of Nikon 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens

Will an optical correction module be available for the Nikon 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens? If yes, what is the planned timeline?

Thank you,
H.Noguchi

Check this page out: https://www.dxo.com/dxo-photolab/supported-cameras/

Thanks for the link; I have been checking it out periodically, with two lens in mind; Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 Art and Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF. I saw that Sigma will be supported this month (waiting eagerly :-), but didn’t find an entry for 500mm, so I decided to ask.

Im also waiting for the Nikon lens to become available. Please DXO team put som effort in to this, The Nikon D500 and D850 with the Nikon 500mm f/5,6 PF will be my main kit for wildlife.

Thanks in advance
Lars

2 Likes

Hi, any plan to support the optical correction module for this lens?

Thanks,
H.Noguchi

I think what would be equally as helpful as showing a chart of which combo/lens’s are supported would also be a chart of which next (say 10) combo’s are on the horizon.

2 Likes

Hello,

we will have a loan of the Nikon 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens and so be able to add its support in PhotoLab this summer, probably in august.

regards,
Marie

3 Likes

Yay!! This is great news, I am looking forward to its availability. Thank you!!

Hello,

this lens and its combination with AF-S TC-14E III and AF-S TC-20E III is currently in our Lab to do lens correction profile.
We will put them online in September.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Hi Marie, I just downloaded the optical module for 500mm PF lens, and the result is amazing! Thank you and the whole DxO team!!

3 Likes

I can’t see the 500mm f5.6 PF download in Photolab 2 Mac , its there for windows but I can’t see it for Mac

Hi @leo,

I’m on Mac too, and while I’m not interested in, I can see the lens module in PhotoLab v2 for Nikon D810 for instance:

Thank you for checking yours Pathal, I’ve just checked mine again but still no luck

@leo,

if you continue to go down in the list, you should see this:

is it not the lens you’re looking at?

On my list it goes from 400mm f2.8 ,500mm f4 , 600mm f4 etc but no 500mm f5.6 PF , if I scroll down further it goes to Sigma , Tamron etc

I’ve just updated , its now working :slight_smile: Thanks again Pathal for your help

Quite strange, as in DxO site for supported cameras, I’ve found this:

When you have an image with this lens in the filmstrip, don’t you have a green icon representing a camera on which you can clic to get the module needed?

2 Likes

Ok, happy to help.