Support of Leica D-Lux 7

Hello!
I have bought a new Leica D-Lux 7 camera. I wonder when do you plan to start supporting its RWL files.
Now they are opened in B&W only.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello @vlad2304

I’ll add this camera to the planning but I can’t give you a date of support for now.

Best regards,

Thank you, Marie.

Are you sure, you see the pic in b&w in DXO? I have them b&w in Adobe. In DXO I can’t open the RAWs from the D-LUX 7. Neither RWL nor DNG (from the converter)

You are right, it’s b&w in Adobe. In DXO they simply do not show upt.
Sorry for misinformation.

Dear Marie,
Any news about Leica D-Lux 7 support?
Best regards,

Still no news?

It’s March 18th and still no news?

Dear Marie,

Do you have any update on Leica D-Lux 7 support?
Thank you!

Hello,

I’m sorry, we are still catching up on big cameras launched these late months.

Regards,
Marie

Hello Marie,

I recently bought DXO photo suite elite, I’m surprised to see that D-Lux 7 is still not in your list of cameras. The Leica D-lux 7 is very close to the Leica Type 119 that you already support. I am obliged to continue to use Lightroom for the development of my RWL files. Paradoxical situation when you know that it is for your optical module that I chose to invest in your software. I know that your list of new devices to take care of is long but could you at least give an estimate of the time still to wait? month? in semester? never?

I thank you in advance for answering.

cordially

2 Likes

Hello,

Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II has been supported in your last release. Could we hope that the Leica D-Lux 7 will be included in your raodmap for 2019?

BR

2 Likes

Hello,

Any news? even bad should better than silence…

BR

Nota: I have been rewarded for my participation in this forum just by verifying if I have a feedback, when I should expect to reward you for at least an answer?

2 Likes

I’ve sent a similar request regarding the D-lux 7 months ago and also have been (more or less) ignored.
What I did: Went to a competitor’s web site (their name sounds like a famous hard rock group …), uploaded some of my Leica RAW files (yes, they provide a special web page for that reason) and after about 2 or 3 weeks later, the latest program version had built-in support for the D-lux 7.

Well, it was not easy to say good-bye to DXO (having at least 2 Photolab licenses and other stuff), but today I must say it was the right decision.

2 Likes

Who could that be? Not Lightroom, C1 (big three), not Iridient Developer, not Luminar, not On1. Alien Skin?

2 Likes

Strange thing is that PL will not even recognize DNG versions of the Leica RAW files. Pretty weak.

2 Likes

:flushed:
Photo Shock !?
Lord rust !?
:thinking:

ACDC -> ACDSystems -> ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2019

You can also try Luminar 3, which is less expensive than ACDSee.
Luminar 3 also has good support for the D-lux 7 (but I encountered severe stability issues with RAW files from my Sony Alpha 7).

2 Likes

Species 8472,

I already have the most popular software of the moment. It is not a question of being able or not being able to develop my raw, it is a question of consistency. For years DXO have used big name of the photography (Leica included) but it’s policy of prioritization of the choice of the camera is not clear and honest (except for Fujifilm, but C1 is outstanding). I just ask them to confirm that the LEICA D-Lux 7 will never be supported. Now I have established my flow of treatment and it is and will be without DXO which interested (DXO origins) me only for optical treatments (solved elsewhere). This experience will have cost me 300 euros but I am no longer in doubt of a potential better choice to the big bad wolf and his opponent use mainly by professional photographers. I am a bit bitter but I am lucid about their economic choices so far from photography. It’s not honest at all but it’s life. Today I’m doing photography and NO more techno-comparison … I wish you plenty of intense photographies.
You don’t have good or bad softwares, you just have consitent workflows or not…

2 Likes

Well, sometimes it’s the right decision to just let go even if it’s hard to take the plunge. I also had to change my workflow (adapt to ACDSee) and am still not done re-developing my RAW files.
But, as you said, such is life :wink:

3 Likes