Support for the new iPhones

I was dismayed to see that an iPhone 11 DNG file, exported from the Halide app is not supported by DXO3.

3 Likes

This x100. I have a growing collection of HEIF and DNG files from my iPhone 11 Pro Max that PL3 doesn’t support.

1 Like

This is my greatest wish for a future release, along with support for DMG files which when currently created by DxO PhotoLab 2 or 3 from my NEF Raw files - then can’t be read by DXO? How strange is that?

2 Likes

With smartphone photography becoming more and more popular, replacing a large part of the former compact camera market and with approx. 40 mio iphone 11 pro sold in the second half of 2019 it is really stange that the DXO team shifts relevant support to later phases.
(I know that it is not the same company anymore, but take a look at DXO Mark … smartphone camera testing and reviewing became a major part of their business. I could imagine that smartphone users are a large and worthy target for DXO Photo Lab software … if it supports the needed file types and if you advertise it.)

I am an iPhone 11 Pro user and while I am also using DSLM camera systems from Olympus and Sony I do use my iPhone for a lot of photos. I would really like to buy and use DXO Photo Labs 3.x but as long as I do not see any support of the device that I use most of the time I hesitate buying a license even if ad mails by DXO are flooding my mailbox.

5 Likes

I’m agree with you. I need profils for Xs and 11 iPhone to work correctly with dng files. Why profils development stoped to iPhon MJ e X ? I bought Elite version. Today I regret a little. Too much difficulties with my iPhone, X100s, Sony RX100 III and use of Raw treatment … street photo needs often smartphones …
I’m waiting futur dev. … thanks !

2 Likes

Duplicate threads?
(cf. Support for more Applie iPhones)

Hello,

iPhones 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max will be supported in our next release :slight_smile:

Regards,
Marie

3 Likes

Hello @Marie,
May I also request that XR also be supported?

Hello @rrblint,

of course you can :smiley:

we will work on it but it won’t be in the next release because of timing.
I’ll keep you updated.

Regards,
Marie

Great, iPhone Xs??

Hello @olfreddy,

we will work to add XR, XS and XS max at the same time.

regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Awesome news regarding the iPhone 11 series. I am in as soon as the support is implemented. :star_struck:

Hello,

I have a bad news concerning iPhones 11, we had to withdraw them from the release to come as quality of our processing was not good enough. Of course we will improve that to add the support as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marie

Well, that is a bummer. I doubt that I will ever see a DXO version that works with the most current iPhone generation. The iPhone 12 will be released in three months.

1 Like

Very disappointed. I use the iPhone 11 pro max and several different apps to shoot with. I shoot both dng and jpg. The dng’s show up in the film strip but not in the photo window. The jpg’s are fine. Would love to work on the dng’s in PL3 and Nik.
I have all the newest packages of DXO and ordered the new Nik 3 today. Have been using Colorefex since Nikon NX2. My main software has been On1 for the last 4 years but I have been trying DXO for about 1-1/2 years. I have gotten rid of all my dslr’s and am using the iPhone with Moment lenses for everything I shoot. Works really nice. I very much need DXO to support iPhone 11 and dng and heic files.

1 Like

Sure, as a super feature for Photolab 4 for only 99,00 Euro.

At this point I’d pay €99 to start working on photos I took with my iPhone 11 back in 2019 :grimacing:

1 Like

I have an XS from 2018

Hello, Marie,
is that really true? we are now waiting almost a year for iPhone 11 support! The new iPhones will come in 2 months. Can we display HEIC files? Can we edit HEIC files?
Will we wait that long again when the new iPhones are released? This is a pity, because I think PhotoLab is a good software, but due to the missing functionalities I did not use it anymore and probably will not be able to use it in the future.
All the best Wolfgang

1 Like