Support for older lenses

Hi,
I’ve recently been feeding my gadget-hunger with some second-hand lenses (can’t afford new ones).
These lenses don’t have modules available for them - only the newer variants.

One example (I’ve got a couple of others) is the Nikon 600mm f/4. The module available is for the VR version of this lens.

Is support for older lenses possible, or is it only what’s available now?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Likes

Hello Paul,

we add support old lenses when we can on the condition we can get our hands on a sample.
But right now we have catch up lenses launched in 2019 / 2019 so old lenses are not the priority. I’ll note your request for later.

Regards,
Marie

Hi Marie,
Thanks for the reply. I fully understand that new lenses must keep you busy. :grinning:
What’s the best way forward - suggest them as modules from the link in the software and then sit and wait?

Regards
Paul

2 Likes

You have to post a suggestion and I’ll note your lens in the roadmap but support will also depends of priority.
I know we have a lack in long focal length so I’ll try to catch up on that, including your lens.

Regards,
Marie

Brilliant - I’l; get on it thanks.
One question though. With a couple of bodies and 2 or 3 lenses I end up with a number of combinations. As I’m easily confused :grinning: will the software tell me if I (or anybody else) has already suggested a particular combination?

Thanks
Paul

1 Like

No it will not. Just propose

Will do. Done the first few already :grinning:

1 Like

Mus I buy a new 80-200 to replace my old good Nikon 70-210 ? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’m not familiar with that lens. I’d guess it depends on whether or not its a ‘cpu’ lens so that the software can pick up the lens type.
If it is, then I guess it’s just a case of submitting a module request and waiting…

Hi Marie,

Is there any chance you would add support for the Nikon AF MICRO-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8? This is certainly an old lens --Nikon’s first auto-focus macro lens.

I use this lens with a Nikon D700 for macro photography and to digitize slides and negatives.

Regards,
Joseph

1 Like

These issues and more would be solved if DxO would just let us manually select and apply a lens profile to suit our older auto-focus lens (in my case the legenday Canon EF 80-200mm f2.8 Magic Drainpipe, which launched auto-focus for sports) or older manual lenses without EXIF many of which have optically similar modern equivalents.

2 Likes