Support for Nikon Z 28mm F2.8 (SE)

Hi, Greetings from a new Nikon z5 fc owner.

May I request dxo support for one of the kit lenses for z fc which is full frame lens - Nikon Z 28mm F2.8 (SE)?

I already requested support for other two kit lenses for z fc in a separate post.

This is a great forum and I am happy to post here.

Thanks

Mohan

I’m a new owner of the Z fc and plan to get this lens later on in the year, perhaps at Christmas, if it’s available,. So I will very definitely support this request. Did you formally suggest support for it in the database? Keep in mind that this lens is almost impossible to get right now and it may be a while before DXO can acquire one.

Mark

You can also use the proposal page here:
https://www.dxo.com/de/supported-cameras/suggest-module/

Hello,

this lens is in our roadmap but I don’t have a support date yet. We will try to do it quickly.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Good Morning. Thanks for the email. I have put the request only in this post. Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Mohan

Greetings.

The link you had specified takes me to a site in German!

Thanks

Mohan

Hi Marie,

Good Morning.

Thanks for the email.

Yes, the lens is in great demand in Canada as well!

Hopefully, I will be able to get it by Christmas! As this lens has no vibration reduction, all z fc and z50 users needs noise reduction more so than the other z full frame users.

If it is okay, I wlll add the new third party prime lenses for z system as a new topic.

Regards,

Mohan

Hi,

My apologies ~ I changed the site language to English!

Thanks

Mohan

It’s always good to look around… :+1:

Agreed :grinning:

Thanks

No sign of it or the Z 40mm F2 yet and it’s March 2022.

Thanks
Charlie

It is scheduled for this month’s release which I believe will be 5.2. I know you are anxious to get support for this lens and so am I, but today is only March 4th. It may not be available until later in the month.

Mark

By the way, @Marie, is there any update on support of the Nikkor Z 28mm f/2.8 or the SE version which is identical except for the retro body design?

Mark

Thank you Mark for that helpful reply. Oh, and I’m also waiting for the Z 28mm f2.8 like you.

Charlie

I have no idea when the z 28mm f/2.8 SE will be supported. Although this lens was not explicitly included in @Marie’s post about new lens support for the next release, it is possible it might also be supported… It is also possible it may not be supported for the next 6 months. I try to avoid focusing on things I have no control over.

Mark

Hello,

the z 28mm f/2.8 SE (and non SE) won’t be supported in the next release but I should be able to have it supported in April.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the update @Marie .

Mark

I am also looking forward to the support for Z 28mm F2.8, plus Z 28-75mm F2.8. I have both of them and would like to see them supported in DXO Photo Lab.

Hello,

as announced here : DxO PhotoLab - New Optic Modules released and Lenses support (07/04/2022) Update) - #37 by Marie, we will support the Z 28mm in May (SE and non SE will share same module).
I’ll add Z 28-75mm to the roadmap.

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes