Support for Apple iPhone 12, 13 Pro, Pro Max files

The management of this topic is really a shame for DXO.
I don’t understand how DXO can get rid of iPhone users.
I will switch to lightroom only for this reason. But no other solution.

2 Likes

Me too……….

You can give Affinity Photo a chance

give Affinity Photo a chance

The point is to have a single RAW workflow where one is expert and not have to divide one’s attention between four or five different applications. I’m DxO PhotoLab only for RAW development. Abandoning C1, Lightroom, even Iridient Developer (for which I still have a soft spot) has improved my finished photographs.

DxO really deserves a kick in the pants for refusing to allow us to process Android and iPhone DNG.

6 Likes

Here we are on the cusp of the iPhone 15 being released and there have not been any profiles for iPhones since the iPhone X. Incredibly disappointing as is the lack of support for HEIC. ALL of DXO’s competitors have HEIC compatibility. DXO is such an EXCELLENT product, I don’t understand why these issues exist. So many professionals use iPhones for photography and UHD video.

4 Likes

How many request do these guys need yo support mobile raw files ? iPhone is the most popular camera on the planet, and almost all hobbyists and pros I know shoot with phones (mostly iphones) besides their pro gear. DxO is losing A LOT of potential clients because they don’t support this

In their world they believe people only shoot with they DSLRs and Mirrorless and thats it. That’s almost 100% false, most of these people also shoot with phones, and they all want the same workflow.

I believe this is one of if not the biggest reason DxO is not as popular as other apps. It’s the biggest reason I use C1 and not DxO even though I prefer DxO processing.

Supporting iPhones and flagship Androids should be top in their priorities. Who runs this companu, really ? Probably somebody that doesn’t do photography.

5 Likes

It is really a shame that DxO regrets to support Apple ProRAW. For me a reason to stop upgrading future versions of DxO products. Interesting thing is that pictures taken with an iPhone 7 and the iOS app ProCamera as a RAW file (saved as DNG), are being recognized by DxO PL as Apple iPhone 7.
Solution: either move back to Lightroom which supports Apple ProRAW or for those not wanting to deal with Adobe, use the app ProCamera. It is an extrem powerful photo app with a lot of editing capabilities for RAW files. It exists since since 2009 and is continuously being updated with excellent support. It is not free (15 € onetime, plus optional subscriptions), but worth its money.

2 Likes

Hi,
there are also a lot of posts for exampe Missing Support for the Apple iPhone 11/12/13/14 pro Series - DxO PhotoLab / Feature requests - DxO Forums or if you löök for Samsung phone or other brands…but there is no response by DXo. It’s the same with support for DNG files.

best regards

guenter