Suggestion: Show differentiation in processing status icon between Export to Disk vs Export to Application

Background:

An image’s Processed Status is indicated by an icon at bottom right of the preview in the Image Browser (#3 in the screenshot, below).
DxO_ProcessStatus

When an image has been successfully exported (regardless of whether it was exported to disk OR exported to another application), the icon appears like this: DxO_ProcessedImage

The problem with this is:

We have no way of differentiating between images that have been rendered to JPG (or TIFF/DNG) versus those that were simply passed to another application.

Suggestion:

Have a different coloured Check/Tick to differentiation between the different processed states.

eg. Like this for exported to disk DxO_ProcessedImage
… and same for exported to application - but, in a different colour (say, blue).

John Morter

PS. I’m out of votes to support my own suggestion !

i would say passed to other application isn’t processed but under process, so if you transport back or not isn’t the issue.
but indeed a blue checkvink will also be fine

1 Like

I’ve “discovered”(!!) a work-around for this requirement - that probably makes this request redundant (?)

DxO_PL-Filter

I now see that all I need to do (in order to avoid clutter of temp-files created as part of exporting to an application) is to exclude “images generated by DxO PhotoLab” from the Image Browser filter.

John M

I take that back - - It doesn’t work quite as expected :roll_eyes:

Whilst it does prevent interim files from showing in the Browser (those created by PL as part of the Export to App process) - it ALSO hides the file saved by the application to which the interim file has been passed … even tho it’s a completely different file.

So - back to my original request, please DxO

OR, fix the Filter logic so that it truly does ONLY what it suggests it should do = Show/Hide images generated by DxO PhotoLab … with no impact on images created by other applications.