Strange screen artefacts when using graduation filter

Hello,
when using the gradiation filter (local adjustments) and moving its exposure slider, suddenly some strange artefacts were shown in the preview:
2018-06-14_172534_cr

These artefacts came and went several times during slider movement, however weren’t really reproducible later. I didn’t check if the converted image also would have such artefacts. I am using PL V1.20.

Is that problem known at DxO?

Regards, Tilmann

Hello @Tilmann,

Well, I see it for the first time. Could you, please, provide me with this image+sidecar for the investigation?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Svetlana,

thanks for your fast response. For privacy reasons, is there a way I can provide the files to you personally?

Thanks & regards,
Tilmann

Sure,

Please, upload them here - http://upload.dxo.com/ . Instead of Support ticket number, please put “For Svetlana”

Thank you

Done.

I tried to reproduce the effect today, but with no “success”…

Regards, Tilmann

Thank you, got them.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Svetlana,

now I have an image and settings that reproducibly lead to these artefacts. I tried with two completely different PCs (running different windows versions) and also verified that the JPG export contains the artefacts as well, regardless of resolution or quality.

I will upload the data now. Please provide some feedback that you got it and that you also were able to reproduce the problem. Now your developers should be able to find the cause and fix it…

Thanks, Tilmann

Good morning Tilmann,

That’s great! I’ll take the data and we’ll analyze.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

So yes, I can easy reproduce the issue with the files you provided to me. The issue has been created. I’ll let keep you informed about the progress.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

I’ve got good news - the issue has been fixed and the fix will be delivered in the current week.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback - and your support!

Regards, Tilmann

1 Like