Stop putting processed file in a DXO subfolder!

Frankly, as a Lightroom user, I’m not using DXO PureRaw anymore, or very scarcely because, despite my previous post in the DXO 2 era, and with many updates to DXO including 3.1, there’s still no option to just put the DXO processed image next to the original one, in the same folder as the orignal one, not a subfolder.

This completely destroy my editing / culling process.

Please fix thhsi ASAP, or unfortunately, I’ll have to keep using LR new AI denoise feature, or Topaz that do respect my workflow.

2 Likes

Please please please

1 Like

Fully agree!

1 Like

Given that this is a trivial feature to implement (certainly easier than creating a new folder), would it be fair to conclude that not providing this default behavior reflects an unspoken goal of promoting the purchase of the rest of the tool set ?

Yes, PLEASE.

It’s pretty simple to do. I just select the folder I want it in and there it is. Now if I could just do away with it switching to the collection it creates when it’s done processing

Perhaps Pure Raw and Photolab use a different interface, but exporting from DXO Photolab 5 brings up a dialog to box for Export To Disk options. In the Destination subpanel, I’m then given a choice between “original image folder”, “custom folder”, and “subfolder” (which by default is named “My Subfolder”). Once you make your selection, it is retained until you change it. You’re quite right that it should easy to implement in Pure Raw.

1 Like

Considering that e.g. PhotoLab defaults to writing to the source folder, DPR could be made true to what I’d call a clean(er) corporate app design rule… Now, all of DxO apps look like they are coming out of different teams lacking common management and communication…

The feature that is present in most apps though is one of the worst imo: poor GUI readability due to small print and inadequate contrast. What a pity for otherwise good tech!

1 Like

@R5boy I am curious as to why now that Lightroom has a new AI denoise feature why you would still consider using DXO PureRaw? Is there something better about PR that you like better than the LR denoise feature?

Probably that DXO does the better job of rendering detail from a raw file.

You can see a few examples of how DxO outperforms Adobe here: Kenneth Lee Gallery - Technique

I agree 100%. Getting bounced out of the image I’m working on is a huge hassle, and then having to return to the original folder. I have found myself using the LR de noisier, it is not nearly as good, IMHO.

AMAZING, 3.7 just fixed that
it’s a game changer, no finally i can enjoy using it
many thanks

There’s still something in the UI that could need to be fixed: The export dialog mentions “collection(s)” all over the place, even if no collection is created in the following case:

If an image comes from a folder, output will be
a) in a folder…when current collection is selected - or -
b) in a new collection

Adding an option "current folder* could be a solution or writing things like “Put inside a collection or folder”. BTW, "“Pictures will be added to…Collection” (at the upper end of the window) does therefore not apply in certain cases and would need some rephrasing too.