Still no lens module for HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE - really?

Oh, I have filled in that very form conscientously and sent it maybe half a dozen times over the last couple of years, always requesting the combo K-3 (which can handle the lens after a firmware update) + HD DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE, but to no avail.

Actually, I wouldn’t have bothered anyone here beyond the official channel if the suggestion form had yielded any tangible result.

(Once again, this is not intended as a “grievance thread” but rather a pointer to what looks like an uncharacteristic oversight, given the usual level of DxO support of Pentax.)

4 Likes

During the past 2 years, I had filled the form and submitted the request at least twice for this lens. With more and more Pentaxian fellows demanding the same lens profile, I hope the DxO can come up with that soon. I would be happy to pay for an upgrade of my PhotoLab to the upcoming version if it comes with a profile for the lens.

3 Likes

Maybe @Marie can give some guidance on this.

Pardon my ignorance about house policy here: Has @Marie been contacted about this thread and the guidance she might be able to give, or would we be expected to make her aware of it?

1 Like

I’ve filled the form out innumerable times!

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m sorry we missed that lens.
We will add it to the roadmap but we need a loan from Pentax first. I’ll keep you up to date.

Regards,
Marie

5 Likes

Such oversights are bound to happen on occasion, I guess, with so many lenses announced across the industry, and everyone will understand that you need a physical copy (or even multiple copies?) for proper testing and calibration. At any rate, it’s great to hear the module will - finally - be added to the roadmap and about your willingness to keep us updated.

Thank you for that. :smiley:

1 Like

So have I, many times.

1 Like

This definitely needs to be fixed asap. Otherwise DxO PhotoLab 3 is not compatible with images taken with the Pentax 55-300mm PLM.

Who actually creates such profiles? Does the DXOMARK do it for DxO Labs?

Hello @toga,

it will be fixed when we get the lens.

DxO Mark and DxO Labs are now two differnet companies and we do not work together.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hello Marie, any progress regarding this matter?

In pentaxforums.com members are discussing this topic since 2,5 years. Somebody there even contacted Ricoh Imaging Europe S.A.S with the request to loan this lens to you for making the profile.

Best regards

Tom

1 Like

Hello,

we will support this lens for the end of the year.

Regards,
Marie

4 Likes

Yep. And thanks, @toga, for pointing to the PentaxForums thread. Haven’t received any response from Ricoh Imaging Europe to this day, but I do appreciate @Marie’s commitment on behalf of DxO.

Just have been made aware by @larrymc that the correction module for the 55-300 PLM is available from within PL v4.1.0 Build 4467 now. :smiley:

Many thanks to everyone on this thread who lent their support, and of course to @Marie and the development team on DxO’s part. The Pentaxians out there will sure appreciate this, even if some further gaps in the Pentax module catalog remain.

3 Likes

You’ve finally completed the mission. Thank you very much.

1 Like

I would like to offer my sincere thanks to @Marie and the rest of the DXO staff for their work in getting this lens profile completed and out to us Pentaxians. Also, thanks to everyone who put in their request for the lens.

Larry

2 Likes

Some months on, can I add my appreciation too. The DA 55-300 PLM is my most-used lens and the new module has been very useful. Thanks to the DxO staff for listening to Pentaxian users. It hasn’t gone unnoticed in the Pentax community.

2 Likes

I hope Ricoh/Pentax Europe will get the Pentax K-3 MkIII into DXO’s hands for evaluation soon too since the release is eminent.

2 Likes

I take it you mean “imminent” about the release :smiley:, Larry, but otherwise my sentiments exactly. Because it’s an eminently important addition to the Pentax lineup, which simply calls for support in PL. Ricoh Imaging Europe, please don’t forget to send that camera on its way.

Thanks for the correction, Marc. I would think Ricoh Imaging Europe has several finalized versions of the K-3 MkIII on hand as we are writing this. It certainly would be great if they got one out to DXO ASAP for a profile.