Sony A7RIVa

May I confirm DxO PureRAW does not support the updated A7RIV, ie the A7RIVa?

I get the “Not supported or already processed” error when trying to open A7RIVa .ARW files.
Surprised as the A model only stated to have more pixels on rear LCD.

1 Like

Hello @MrChodes ,

DxO Pure RAW support A7R IV but it doesn’t support the A7R IVA.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Oh my gosh, after days looking for the answer, that’s why! Is there any plan on supporting the A7R IVA ? I mean they’re basically the same camera except for the rear screen.

1 Like

And DXO PHOTOLAB 4 doesn’t work with Sony A7R IVA neither!

1 Like

Please help to fix this,
Why do we have to wait since June to make this new Sony model (A7R IVA) work in DXO Pure RAW AND in PHOTOLAB 4?
We have invested a lot of money in DXO software. Please get this working or you will probably see that many users leave DXO for a competitor.

1 Like

I traded in my A7R III last month for what I thought was an A7R IV not knowing that I had actually bought a A7R IVa the existence of which I was totally unaware of. I understand the main differences between the IV and IVa are a higher resolution rear screen and a higher specification USB port and fixing some “bugs”. Knowing that Photolab 4 supports the IV I thought I was set but no, all files including those taken a day before with my III but downloaded from the IVa are not recognised. I spent some time going back and forth with DxO Support including submitting one ARW file taken with the IVa but was told that despite Sony stating that the changes were primarily physical that each camera “encrypts the RAW files from that specific model in a unique way” and all I could do is put in a request.

I do not understand why a photo which was taken with a III and is recognised by Sony Play Memories Desktop as taken with a III is not recognised by PhotoLab 4 nor do I understand why photos taken by a camera which supposedly only has physical changes is also not supported.

Sony A7R cameras are used by many professionals and amateurs ie this is not some obscure product. I therefore pointed out to DxO Support that DxO should be proactive in supporting the IVa and letting IVa owners know what it intends to do rather than the usual which is it may or may not depending on requests. Having actively supported DxO with every release since PhotoLab 1 Essential, I feel let down and noted that there must come a time (2 months, 6 months, 1 year or forever) when zero access to PhotoLab 4 Elite will mean I will have to reluctantly move to another editing software.

I would ask DxO to please give us faithful DxO supporters and IVa users some information as to their intentions.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

To all who have this problem with the A models of RIII and RIV :

Until DXO has had the time to implement these models into the DXO SW raw applications (Photolab and Pure Raw) here is a suggestion for a temporary solution, use an EXIF editing tool to change the model name from ILCE-7RM4A to ILCE-7RM4 and then the DXO SW applications should work.
At least Photolab 4 now works for me after having made this change using the GUI SetEXIFData which in turn uses ExifTool. Great job by the persons who have developed these sw tools.There are other tools, but these work well for this sole purpose of changing one line item in the EXIF data of the image file. By the way, I’m doing these changes on a MAC. For Windows users there are other solutions.
Best regards and good luck,
Roger

1 Like

DXO has to acquire a copy of a new camera in order to test and create a profile for it before updating their camera support base. They periodically release updated versions of Photolab which support new cameras. However, depending on various factors this could take a few months and sometimes longer.

Mark

1 Like

Hello,

Sony A7R IV A and A7R III A have been added to the roadmap. I’ll keep you updated about their support.

Regards,
Marie

4 Likes

I have just paid for this and am disappointed I can use the software for the a7r3A files…for a suggestion saying this could take weeks or even months…think I’ll be asking for a refund!

1 Like

OK…here is what i have done to make a file from Sony A7RiiiA…i downloaded an exif date editor and all i did was remove the letter ‘A’, saved that and then Pure Raw saw the image. Word though about the process. These images are of very high quality as we know and opting to choose the ‘deep process’ kills the image, especially at low ISO’s…but i’m still unsure even just opting to chose the HQ process because from my view it sort of made the image look more unreal, making it too smooth in my honest opinion!

1 Like

I filed the support request (A7R4a) to DXO support twice by June but got nothing. A7R4a is a very common camera for serious photographers and the ARW is already supported in CaptureOne and Lightroom long time ago. Very disappointed to DXO and I am pretty sure any image professionals shouldn’t bet their livings in such unreliable tool.

1 Like

DxO PhotoLab 4.3.1 Elite
Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
does not recognize the new camera.

New Sony A7R IV ILCE-7RM4A bought last week.
old Canon 5D Mk IV, so Learning.

Thanks for the forum.dxo.com site

Looked in advance, but did not see the issue

1 Like

Hello,

we will support Sony A7R IVA and A7R IIIA soon, when I have a date I’ll communicate it to you.

Regards,
Marie

3 Likes

You asked this question 6 days ago…seems they’re to take the cash but are not to answer people honestly about a possible update.

I have however worked out to resolve this issue but I SHOULD NOT have to go through routine everytime and would be seriously time consuming…

As i said, quick to take your coin for sure…a software that you cannot use, it’s joke and a complete damn RIP OFF

1 Like

It’s rather unfortunate that DXO has such a long cycle time between incremental updates. The cameras are exactly the same except for the USB port and the LCD screen. It’s probably a very quick change to make…. Like:

If camera_model==“ILCE-7RM4” then

To

If camera_model==“ILCE-7RM4” or camera_model==“ILCE-7RM4A” then

My fear now is that the update will come in a few weeks with PL5 and you’ll have to pay to get support for these incremental updates that some buyers don’t even know is a different camera.

I hope I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Still no news as to when we will have the Sony A7R IVA supported?

Best regards,
Roger

1 Like

Thanks to DXO support for making a touch decision to leave DXO software. I have started my journey with DXO from 2014 Optics Pro 9 and have upgraded again and again to PhotoLab 4. I am forced to turn to other solution and I am happy with it. Bye-bye DXO. To all photographers invest your energy to what’s worth to. Happy photograph!

That is your choice, of course, but @Marie did say those cameras would be supported. Perhaps they will be added when PL5 is released in a couple of weeks.

Mark

1 Like

Do we actually know when it’s supposed to be released? Did not see any promotion about it yet…

I’m really disappointed in Topaz DeNoise AI that I’m forced to use instead of Photolab. Can’t wait for our cameras to be supported! It’s so frustrating!