Some issues in PL 2.x (Windows 10x64)

Thanks a lot for the details. We will try to reproduce the behaviors you described and fix the issues.

Have a nice day

@Ralf_Brinkmann I tried to reproduce the renaming issue on my side following your scenario but it’s working flawlessly.

May I ask you to execute the following steps to help us to understand what happen on your computer:

• Download DxO.PhotoLabDump archive (DxO.PhotoLabDump.exe.zip (836.4 KB)
    ), extract the program and launch it.
  • Launch PhotoLab and reproduce the renaming issue.
  • When you reproduce the issue, press [ENTER] in DxO.PhotoLabDump window to generate a full memory dump of PhotoLab.
  • Upload the generated file on your preferred platform (wetransfer.com for example)
  • Send me a private message on the forum with the link and the name of the image you were trying to rename.

With this full memory dump, we will be able to see the state of the whole application and it will help us to understand what is preventing PhotoLab to allow file renaming.

I also have a side question. When you face the renaming issue and you open the context menu, is the ‘Rename file’ menu entry grayed out or is clickable?

Thanks a lot

Good morning Grégoire!

Ok, I’m going to do all this with my next photos.

The “Rename file” menu entry is never grey, it looks always clickable, but nothing happens when I click at it.

Hi Grégoire!

Today I had a new photo development session.

With the PhotoLabDump program and window in the background (and with the new version 2.1.1) I had no problem with renaming my files. Everything worked fine.

Maybe I should always run this tool. :blush: But it slows down the speed a little bit.