Side by side visualisation

Organizational capabilities have grown over the years, but applications like C1 and Lr have made better progress. Maybe that the current count of votes helps to promote the idea to become an item on the DPL to-do list and, hopefully, not at its bottom…specially if we combine votes of similar requests like this one:

More similar topics can be found, searching the forums for “compare”

Do we need a ReShape tool or an image comparison view? The answer depends on what you want from the app.

I apologise for being unkind in my response. I just want to claim that PL5, of whose development quality I am an unconditional fan, could be a much more effective competitor to LR and C1 by adding some functionalities that I understand to be basic and widespread in the world of photographic software for a comfortable management of large amounts of images. And I am not referring to sophisticated functions such as luminosity masks, which although I would like to have them, I understand that they are only necessary for some images.
In my case, and I don’t think to be a rara avis, a photographic session can involve between 500 and 1000 pictures, many of them extremely similar to each other, so I am forced to make the selection in LR and then develop in PL, which means having to pay for two programs, exactly what I wanted to avoid.
It is true that I am not a computer engineer, but I am not an automotive engineer either, and yet I understand that if all cars have reverse gear or collapsible mirrors, it should not require a great effort to implement it.

Dear Mark,

FRV in version 2.0.4 is possible to compare 4 photos, that’s the reason I bought it.

best regards

Guenter

1 Like

Thanks for the correction Guenter. I wasn’t certain of how many images could be compared in the latest version.

Mark