Seventh Heaven

Sharing services come in handy for such things.

Wow ! … Captured how, George ?

John M

I usual us WeTransfer, But to whom?

George

I found it.

1 Like

Was that “panned” by hand, George ?

What did you use for the stitch ? (You may have said, but I missed it).

John M

This one was on a tripod. But mostly I don’t have a tripod with me. During the shooting the tripod was moved a little bit by accident. In a former version of ice there was a fault visible in the left under corner, in the railing. But I don’t see it anymore with the latest version of ice.
In the pano of @uncoy you see several faults in the railing.

An important thing is to set everything to manual:exposure,focus and wb. Though when shooting raw the wb can be adjusted in the converter.

George

2 Likes

Wow! Now that’s a great pano. Excellent work George.

1 Like

Ahh -You’re using ICE … It’s an excellent tool for panos.
I’ve found it does a better job than Affinity for difficult stitches.

The version I have is: image

Is there are later version than this ? … and ,if so, where can we find it ?

John

The same version.
This was the last version. A petty they stopped the project.

George

2 Likes

Whereas my experience is the opposite! I find AFP gives better joins than MS ICE :crazy_face:

MS ICE is still my first choice though, it is so painlessly easy to use and gives you projection options. In AFP you have no choice over the projection, other than take it or leave it :grinning:

1 Like

[Checks out this ICE of which they speak…]
Hmmm. Maybe not worth a look after all. Windows only (boo) and abandoned (no thanks) and looks like a loooong time ago as the system requirements’ highest Windows version number is 8.1!

Yes, it was only ever a short lived MS research project. There was much wailing when MS killed it but all to no avail. However, despite the stated requirements it works without problem on Win 10. I don’t have Win 11 but AFAIK it works on Win 11 as well. The problem now for new users is tha,t because MS took it down, the installer is only available from non-MS sources and that makes it risky.

If somebody wants to try.

George

1 Like

GREAT – from program download to the finished pano with 3 Tiffs (handheld !) in less then 10 minutes !

And if you want a different projection it’s very fast to.
The pano was good?

George

All I did was to rename from *.tiff to *.tif, to open it with my preferred viewer.
Then opened it in PL to export …

From comparing those quickly grabbed tif-files with the old jpegs, that I often take parallel, they must have been processed and horizontally levelled, also with Nik tools. …

Thank you very much – and I’m going to try with more stuff!
Wolfgang

2 Likes

CNET is pretty reliable and they have a copy (which I am going to try this weekend)

What does this means ?
If everything already in the software turns perfect ???
Very subjective thought, I think …

This would imply lot of new features, finally :wink:

The backlog is the vat, from which trickles the software…

If a new release of Photolab were to include UI inconsistensies (either UX related and/or between Windows and MacOS versions) were resolved, various known bugs were fixed, and ideally this process also allowed time for code refinement that brought performance benefits then I would 100% purchase it. Even if the release had no headline new features.

As far as I remember the Snow Leopard release of Mac OS was essentially performance optimisation and bug fixing and it certainly remained a favourite release of their OS for myself for many years.

Edit: Yes, a quick Wikipedia read has confirmed that Snow Leopard had no new headline releases and was focused on improved performance.

Are you using both Windows and macOS to work on your photos? If not, what do you care if the other version has some OS specific features and vice-versa? Red herring request.