Setting colours in Photolab &

In that post there is also some magenta color cast when using soft proofing :

Sorry, can’t see that. And Joanna started with (different) neutral renderings instead of the generic ones for her (different) camera.

@Paolo1

Revisiting your screenshots I now realized, that for PL6.x
(and btw, have you updated to the last version ??)
the Color rendering is OFF.

grafik

Suppose, you applied in PL5 and in PL6 nothing (= no corrections).
But I don’t get a magenta cast when I do so.

And btw, I also changed in PL5 to the generic sRGB setting,
but no difference to the recommended “Current profile of the display device”.

→ Do you get a magenta cast in PL5 with the “current profile”?
→ What happens, when you set PL6 to Classic-Legacy working color space?
→ When you changed to Win11, did you update your display driver?
→ Your monitor, is it a wide gamut monitor? What model?
→ The for unknown reasons deactivated profile “Samsung-natural color Pro 1.0 ICM”
is it a ‘canned’ one (= delivered by the manufacturer) or the result of calibration?

Otherwise I have no idea and can’t help any further ( not on Win11 ).

^^^^ This.

I was able to reproduce the issue with FP6 Filter: Mauve on at default setting. Also I notice that the mauve coloring is present in the thumbnails of all shots of the waves but not in the 2 shots of the birds. I wonder if @Paolo1 accidentally had the mauve filter activated and applied it to all of the shots of the waves.

Original with no corrections:

No corrections but Filter: Mauve added at default setting.

I can confirm that I do not get the magenta colour cast either!

I would like to specify a few things: both PL5 and PL6 are installed on my pc (OS windows 11). PL5 works perfectly, while PL6 has the problem that, on all loaded raw files, it shows a magenta cast that PL5 doesn’t have. Both programs have been installed and reinstalled a few times still showing the same results. Furthermore, in both cases, this difference appears without my having made any changes to the settings of the two programs.
Furthermore, every variation made by me on all the numerous settings of PL6, has NOT produced any variation regarding that horrible “magenta” cast that prevents me from using PL6 and from using PL5 which works perfectly.
I’m beginning to think that it is unsolvable, since even some of you this problem does not appear at all.

Paolo - If you introduce to PL6 a “new” image that it has definitely not encountered before, do you see the color cast introduced ?

• If not then that suggests you may have some errant setting (for the other images for which you can see the color cast) imbedded in the database / sidecar files.

• But if so then that suggests the problem lies somewhere with your PC environment.

They’re the only 2 likely reasons for your color cast - as no-one else seems to be able to emulate your experience.

John M

Ditto - no problems on my Win 11 set-up. Assuming the OP has an up-to-date PL6 installation I would first look at that Samsung monitor profile. It’s given a lot of people a lot of trouble in the past, including PS users. Look for an updated driver as the OP recently updated Win, or even find a tested generic plug & play driver if the monitor is an old one.

my work of producing video clips and numerous slideshows, using programs of all types in the multimedia field such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, CaptureOne, DxO Photolab 5, Oroshow Producer, Photopia Creator and Pinnacle studio and which work perfectly not giving me no problem with the colors, they do not allow me to vary anything neither of my operating system nor of my display which shows no sign of obsolescence. I therefore consider the problem I detect on PL6 an incompatibility problem between my operating system (Windows 11) and the program’s color profile setting.
Thank you

Have you visually checked to see if a filter has somehow been set?

As you noticed yourself, PL6 now only offers the “Auto detect” mechanism for the display profile, which simply means, the display profile has to be in the correct location and you must tell Windows which one to choose … :man_shrugging:

I have Capture One, ProShow Producer, DXO V5 and V6 running under Win 11 and don’t have any issues with your files. As many people have now demonstrated that their V6 install have no issues logic would mean that there is a setting on your V6 install that is giving the problem. Is this not a reasonable logical deduction?

I own all of these programs too. my OS is windows 11 22H2(build 22621.1265). ALL of these programs work perfectly and have no color issues at all. The only one that shows the defect we are talking about is PL6. Unfortunately I could not figure out why and all the interventions on its many settings have not had any positive results.

Same Windows for me:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎17/‎11/‎2022
OS build 22621.1265
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

We have identical systems, and you will be aware that C1 like DXO uses the system monitor profile as it should. Obviously, I can introduce a colour cast to the image by making adjustments in DXO. Given that only your installation of DXO has these issues perhaps you have a corrupted download of Photolab V6.3? Perhaps an uninstall and re-download of V6.3 would sort out your issues?

Unfortunately not. I have installed and reinstalled PL6 at least 3 or 4 times, each time downloading the program from the official site. Nothing has changed and I really don’t know what to do.
Thanks anyway

Have you tried filing you case on support.dxo.com?

@Paolo1 Hello, could you, please, create a ticket via support.dxo.com?
You’ll be personally assisted there.
Regards,

1 Like

thanks, I have already opened a ticket with the support number #381840 for some time (November 2022)

@Paolo1 Please check your ticket answer.