SEP3 will not load any sort of photo.

Back to the same problems after replacing the power supply in my PC. This is final, I am done with all DXO products. Period. Will uninstall and never use their software again.

You are saying that the replacement of your power supply is causing PhotoLab and/or the Nik Collection to no longer work? I’m assuming that it has to do with the connection of your graphics card to the power supply. I can’t think of any other way in which a new power supply would have a negative impact on any of your software. Since the overwhelming majority of Windows users are not having the issues you are, you may be premature blaming DxO and dumping it.

Mark

Yeah, well, I’ve been building computers for years so I have every confidence there is no issue with my PC. I am getting the same problem I had in the beginning, exactly the same issue and I have a paper trail of emails with tech support.

I don’t know if this is relevant, but as I posted above I had the same problem, and then discovered I couldn’t uninstall Nik because it wasn’t listed as a registered program. When I attempted a new install, setup told me it was already on my computer.

I’m pretty certain the fault is mine-- after installing the last Nik update, IObit Uninstaller told me there were files left over from the previous version. Did I want to get rid of them? Sure, why not. That’s a mistake. It deleted essential entries from the registry and royally screwed things up-- including, I’m sure, the loading of photos called from Lightroom and PL5.

Been there and done that. I have tried hundreds of times to install, re-install, remove, delete everything related to DXO products, everything, and nothing works. Was informed just recently of an update, so I downloaded right from my DXO account and installed it, worked fine. Then, the other day my power supply took a dump, so I replaced it, powered up, and now Vivenza and SEP3 do the same thing as before, attempt to load a photo then hangs. Have to use the task manager to shut it down.

I experienced the same behavior (and note without any understanding that Viveza and Silver Efex are the two NIk programs located in a separate .bin folder). Deleting everything DXO related from the registry didn’t work and I wound up doing a clean install of Windows and all my programs. That solved the problem until the most recent NIk update, when I allowed IObit to remove residual files from the previous NIk version. That made NIk disappear from the list of installed programs and I had to restore from my weekly image backup.

A clean install of my operating system is out of the question. Thats the easiest excuse tech support gives to solve their problem so it will let them off the hook. It worked before, now it doesn’t.

I too am having the same problem having just installed the latest Nik update - SEP3 and Vivenza both lock up on loading any type of image, uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller (after having to try Task Manager to stop SEP… Which it couldn’t!) had to log out of the PC then back in to uninstall… I searched my Downloads folder and tried all the V4 Nik installers up to the recent one and not one of the previous SEP will now load - even though I too had no problems before with SEP loading images, I’ve had to revert to SEP 2 where it’s exe file is in it’s own folder and it now back working - albeit with the old interface etc… I never had any problems with Google Nik Collection, it’s only when I decided to give DXO my money as I thought it would help with future updates that the problems started… In fact I may well go back to the original and ask for my money back! - It’s still available but with no support - PAH!