SEP3 performance

Here is what the release notes have. May be of interest to others too.

Improvements

• Engine optimization for Nik Viveza and Nik Silver Efex including:
o Overall responsiveness of the interface and option to preview the effects applied to the
o Significant improvement to U Point technology resulting in more responsive Control Points
and adjustments
o Better support for very high-resolution images

Bug Fixes

• Nik Viveza issue showing different results for Structure on the preview and the final image is fixed
  • Error occurring when trying to save an image when system username has non-latin characters isfixed
  • Nik Silver Efex issue saving black images after the application of ClearView is fixed
  • Installer issue making it impossible to check the first checkbox to install the software is fixed

Thanks. I’m going to check now if there is an updated version for Windows.

Mark

Edit: Just checked and there is a new version 4.1 for Windows as well. I installed it and will play with it later…

I have noticed that version 4.1.0 (on a Mac with PL 4) brings improvements. Only when I use presets created with SEP2, I still experience delays of up to 2 seconds before they are applied.

Same problem,with Nik Collection 4 installed on a Mac Pro 2019 28 Core with 1,5TB RAM. Unbelievable slow performance while I can run Davinci Resolve on a 4K timeline full res raw files without any jitter.
Previous version of NIK worked fine on my Mac Pro 2013…but in 2021 you can hardly believe you have to watch for 2 seconds before a slider move renders. Not workable in any way!!