SEL18135 Sony lens

Anyone any idea when the new SEL18135 Sony “kit lens” will be supported? Not the sharpest lens but as an all round travel lens it works for me.
Are there similar lenses or presets that can be used with this lens as at 18mm it has a hard vignette.

Hello,

Let’s ask @Marie-Catherine to reply. Marie-Catherine, could you, please, reply?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

we plan to support this lens for fall.
I’m sorry for the delay.

Marie-Catherine

I’ve seen a couple of references here, recently, to “fall” … When is that ?

Somewhere between summer and winter. Just kidding :joy:

Hello :),

Mid fall is better? :wink:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Yes, that’s the perfect definition.

So, for those of us in the southern hemisphere, I guess that means around March-April-May 2019 !! :sunglasses:

Regards, John M - - - Australia

2 Likes

Ah, did not have in mind that seasons need a suffix like time to have a meaning. I think in france mid fall is around october. :slight_smile:

Yes, I was being facetious - - but I find it confusing to see time referred to by season - where that’s a relative concept which has a different meaning for those of us living in the better of the 2 hemispheres :grin:

Regards, John M

This lense is available since March. Seven / eight months to get a module is really long!
I wish to switch permanently from lightroom to Photolab, but I am disappointed by this slowness.
Congratulations on your new version with local Adjustments. But be more responsive to new lenses.

We’ll try to do our best.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

So we are now into “fall” and the roadmap for lenses to be supported has the SEL18135 down as “10/18” so I expect this is soon - but what is the release date for this as I am assuming this is now known if it is so close?
Just come back from holiday and taken this lens along as its great for travel but don’t want to process them without the lens module which I hope gets rid of the terrible vignette at 18-22mm !!

Hello,

Were at the end of 10/18 and as a new version just show up still without this lens (and the planning of lens is no longer available on the web site), when can we except the correction for that lens?

Thanks

Hello,

@Marie-Catherine could you, please, assist?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

Some higher priorities made us postpone this lens calibration.
I’m really sorry for the delay.

best regards,

Hello,

If I had knew, I would not have buy the new version as I hopped for that.

What’s the estimated time now? Cause we’re nearly at one year and I would be very disappointing to have to change the program because it’s nearly useless for me for the moment!

And still no new estimated time of it being available?

You understand that some of us who have used this software and really like it, and are now having to employ an alternative, kludgy workflow, are becoming grumpy at the delay.

@Marie-Catherine,

Could you, please, have a look and give the approximate time?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello @euellneverno,

support of the E18-135mm OSS will be provided before Christmas.
I’m again really sorry for the delay.