Request: Indication that Local Adjustment(s) have been applied

This is why we need the two tier system (“vote” & “like”) - great idea but not my vote as I’m focused on masking issues (yet to be posted).

Definitely +1.

@sgospodarenko - is there any indication of when this two tier system could be implemented?

2 Likes

@bsayakhom could you, please set the first post in the request to be “likable” ?

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

you mean like having a number appearing beside the adjustment icon letting you know how many correction/adjustment you’ve used?
that could be nice, fast to know how many and for details you can click on it as you doung now.

Definitely a +1 from me too.

I’d prefer to have an indication on the thumbnail that a specific image (or a version of course) has had Local Adjustments applied … but I would not down-vote the related filter option if it was perhaps easier (or quicker) for the Developers to implement.

Colin P.

Hi Kolin,

Well, if you just put +1 in the comments it does not put the request to the top (as it can’t be filtered out in this case), you should vote for the feature or at least put a “like” .

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Has this already been done? I still cannot “Like” the first post.

Hello everyone,

There is a reply from Bruno here - Like vs. Vote

Which is:

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

As noted here, by @Calle and @obetz, a danger is presented if Partial Presets are based on an image that contains Local Adjustments (that can cause Local Adjustments to be removed from any other image to which the partial preset is applied).

This reinforces the importance of being aware that a local adjustment has been applied to an image - and reminded me of the request logged here/above.

An easier-to-implement solution (from that proposed above) would be to include a check/tick or some icon on the Local Adjustment button. Something like this:DxO_LAapplied … for images to which any Local Adjustment has been applied.

Regards, John M

5 Likes

Absolutely John. A visual indicator that there are Local Adjustments would be extremely useful. I’m also out of votes but as soon as some are released I’d vote for this feature. Unlike some of the other overwhelming requests for full Photoshop within local adjustments or completely new colour engines or a new DAM which combines all the features of Lightroom, the Finder, iMatch and ACDSee Windows Studio, adding a Local Adjustments existing or non-existing is trivial. There’s literally almost no barrier to adding this very useful feature.

It would be even more useful to be able to disable Local Adjustments for the purposes of creating a preset from an a finished image which already had Local Adjustments applied: [feature request created]Request: Indication that Local Adjustment(s) have been applied).

7 Likes

I would expect the reset(?) button for local adjustments to do just that.

2 Likes

Reset would remove the adjustments, as the name implies, it resets the image back to it’s defaults without any adjustments. Not quite the same as disable, i.e. present but not active on the image.

I agree. And that creates the issue with partial presets. We need the partial presets in the tool palette with disable switch, just like we have for all other tools.

2 Likes

That would be very useful.

2 Likes

Hello guys,
About these:

It’s already a story. And I could close this request to free your votes but as I see you continue to add different requests which is definitely not the case for this story.

So the most effective way will be if you create a separate request about the presets (you remember one change = one request) and I will close this one after that.

Thank you

Regards,
Svetlana G.

3 Likes

Hi Svetlana - - Great to have you back, by the way.

Yes, that’s fine to close this request - and to free-up votes.

I don’t mind how this is actually implemented … my suggestions were simply suggestions.

Regards, John

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback Svetlana. I’ve posted up a new feature request: Allow Preset creation without Local Adjustments from finished images

If you release the votes from this feature request, I’ll be happy to vote for the new one. Have a great weekend.

3 Likes

Hi Alec - - FYI: This link doesn’t point to where I think you intended it to.

John

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up John. I had both of the links in my clipboard as I linked your previous discussion as relevant in my feature post. I’ve corrected the link above to go to the correct feature request:

Allow Preset creation without Local Adjustments from finished images

2 Likes

Good morning!

Great, I’m closing this one now.

Regards,
Svetlana G.