Request for PhotoLab support for the Olympus 150-400 f4.5 Lens

Hello everybody,

good news, you should get DxO lens modules for the Olympus M.Zuiko 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO in about one month :slight_smile:

Regards,
Marie

2 Likes

Good news indeed. Thank you for the information.

Excellent, thanks very much Marie, looking forward to their arrival!

Best wishes, Peter

Great news!

Thank you - it’s an excellent news!

@Marie THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Hi Marie, is it possible to estabilish a direct channel between your DXO team and OM France/Germany? If a new OM/Zuiko lens is released they should sent you a copy as soon as possible so you can create a module in DXO PL? That would be great.

@daveywilson Have you got any chance to add your voice in this matter? That would be good marketing move for OM, DXO could be their no. 1 RAW SW for getting maximum out of their gear. Personaly I dont know who should I approach. My understanding of the situation is that German headquaters are contact no. 1 for european matters now and they communicate with Japan R&D team a lot.
Martin

@JonSnih At present, OMDS are laser focused on birding / wildlife / outdoor for their marketing, and I shoot sports / lifestyle, so I don’t have near the contact with OMDS that I had with Olympus Imaging before the carve out.

However, I’ve always advocated for DxO PhotoLab no matter what camera people are working with, and will continue to do so.

Thank you - that is (or will be) good news! (Though not for my partner when I start to spend time revisiting the photos I have taken so far this year…)

1 Like

This is an interesting article DxO Updates PureRAW With New Camera Support And More Features
They say that PureeRAW 1.5 all ready supports Zuiko 150-400Pro.
Haven’t installed PureRAW for testing but is that really so?

Hello @jukpek ,

yes it’s true, we have non synchronized released.
But PhotoLab users will have it very soon.

Regards,
Marie

4 Likes

Excellent news Marie!

I downloaded PureRAW 1.5 and ran a test. It works really great exept that it doesn’t seem to support external teleconverters with 150-400Pro. Will it be the same with Photolab 4.0 too?

hello @jukpek ,

about extenders, modules are available for Olympus cameras. For Panasonic cameras we will need an update of PhotoLab and PureRAW because exif data are not good.

Regards,
Marie

Marie, are you saying that the Olympus extenders are all ready supported with Olympus bodies on PureRAW? I can’t see the difference though. With 150-400Pro without extenders there is a (big)visible difference but not the same with extenders, 1,4x nor 2.0x. I just double checked it yesterday. Edit: Forgot to mention that the body I made the test with was Olympus M1X. Noise was filtered a bit but sharpness was not enhached.

Hello,

I think we have a misunderstanding there. We did calibration of that lens with integrated extender.
We didn’t have enough time to do it with TC x1.4 Zuiko or TC x2 Zuiko. We will add them later.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Excellent - I really hope that it will be available for PhotoLab at near future!

Marie, yes there was a misunderstanding.
Hopefully the support for 1.4x and 2.0x will come soon, because they need it even more.

Thanks for activating the 150-400 support in Photolab 4 and 5, it’s great to have that sharpening capability back again!

Best wishes, Peter

1 Like

Not sure why people would want to add an extender when the lens has already 1 integrated which give 375mm to 1000mm?. I’m looking forwards to see people around with this lens, seem pretty nice.

Adding an extender would make you shoot at what f stop, f11?