Request for PhotoLab support for the Olympus 150-400 f4.5 Lens

Hi, Peter - You can log a request for body/lens support here ā€¦ Scroll down to see the Request button.

John M

Thanks John, Iā€™ve added a request as suggested.

Best wishes, Peter

I have added the same request - suspect the issue will be dxo getting hold of a copy of the lens to do their work - but would be good to know. Also, whether there is a ā€œgood enoughā€ workaround in the meantime

Hello,

I have noted this lens for the roadmap but we need to get a sample of it to do our measures and edit new Optics Modules.
I canā€™t give you a date of support yet.

Regards,
Marie

Thanks Marie, Iā€™m still waiting for my lens to arrive, Iā€™m told it should be in the next month.

For how long does DXO need a lens in order to capture the raw data to build a module? Iā€™m wondering whether one of us can visit DXO with a lens, if the measurement process can be completed in a day or so?

Best wishes, Peter

Hello Peter,

we would need the lens 5 days (from Monday to Friday) as we need to do the calibration of the lens alone but also with TC 1.4x and 2x.
If anyone is near Pari with this lens we would be happy to welcom him or her :wink:

Best regards,
Marie-Catherine

1 Like

Noted - is there a workaround which will at least let the lens sharpen function work (or a recommended setting for the generic sharpen function)? Itā€™s a great lens with great jpegs but at the moment I am struggling to replicate 300mm PRO lens quality on RAWs after processing given there is no dedicated module.

Hello @s5urf ,

no sorry, if there is no optic module then lens sharpen wonā€™t work, you have to use unsharp mask.

Regards,
Marie

Marie, Iā€™m going to talk to some people at OM Digital Solutions.

2 Likes

any luck - i am using this lens all the time nowā€¦

1 Like

No response yet.

Still waiting for mine unfortunately, hope springs eternal that May will be my lucky month! :grinning:

1 Like

great lens. shame it is not yet supported by dxo. I find I am using jpegs more than I would like.

Fingers-crossed for you Peter! I just got back from shooting a rugby match in LA this weekend with it, and Iā€™m hooked!

Marie, I reached out to OM Digital Solutions France & they only have one copy of the lens in their possession and itā€™s on loan with their sponsored photographers at the moment. Hopefully they can get one over to you sooner than later. Itā€™s definitely on their radar now.

Agree. I ran a test comparing Olympus Workspace - tried maxing unsharp mask in DXO Photolab and itā€™s still poor detail, OW significantly better.

Hereā€™s one vote for 150-400Pro module too. I use Topaz SharpenAI with LightRoom as a substitute at the moment but eagerly waiting for the DxO moduleā€¦

1 Like

I have other problems at the moment with DxO including not being able to set up folders with it on a Mac and not being able to use the image viewing strip so am seriously at risk of moving to the ā€œdark sideā€ of lightroom and topaz (though I might still use prime NR, any renewal/repurchase of DxO is looking increaingly unlikely which is a real shame). Though LR is subscriiption, the time I have spent trying to fix DxO is worth 10 yearsā€™ LR subscriptions. The lack of support for the lens I use literally all the time is icing on the cake really.

Any news about the module?

1 Like

Hello,

It is planned but I donā€™t have a date yet, sorry.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like